Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

is this 20/4/1 thing important for the game?

i just checked my kickstater stuff and i only have 16 ia guys and 10 oneeyed guys and so on...

is it worth to buy minis to get the 20/4/1 with every group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that is the recommendation and if I saw a deal I would maybe get it, but honestly it sound like you will have so much material that if I were you I would just play with what you got and see how often you run out. you may find you never use more than what you got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In case you also backed JM and went all-in with the modules, you should have 20/4/1/1 (don't forget the new commanders) for all KS1 monster types.

I also tend to disagree with the poster above. The new modules from JM will assume you have the monster type matching the module in the given 20/4/1 ratio (you'll also need the boss). Sure you can always proxy, but there is no indicator whatsoever in the game, that you need only 10 Sycline, because they are "stronger".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have the "base" number of even the lesser monsters, and the game works just fine for me.

Sure, if I find a sale for $5 for a bunch of grubbers, I'll probably snag them, but having the threat go up 1 for each monster that can't spawn is good enough for me and makes things nice and difficult if/when you have stalkers activating twice in a row because you can't spawn enough models.

But to each their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathis Lurtz
Germany
Stuttgart
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
but having the threat go up 1 for each monster that can't spawn is good enough for me and makes things nice and difficult

IMHO This tends to get way more dangerous than increasing the number of minions.
I once ran into the problem of running a two-lair-tile and having run out of minions witch resulted in an endless darkness cycle. Just adding more of them isn't even a threat as there is a maximum number of spaces from which they can hit you. The rest just stands around looking stupid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.