Ion: A Compound Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Is this essentially Sushi Go? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JohnS
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
From the description, it sounds exactly like Sushi Go but atoms instead of food. Am I wrong? Is there more to it than that?

Note: I don't mean this as a dig. I love Sushi Go and this looks neat, but I don't know if it's worth getting it if I already have SG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coveyou
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is similar to Sushi Go in that you are drafting cards. The two main differences are: (1) This game has openly available goals that all players are openly completing for. So this may drive the drafting a certain way; ether by achieving those goals, or going for easier points that other are not going for. (2) Players have access to three "special actions" they can perform at any time during the game outside of drafting. Those three actions are to select from their hand twice, select a card from the four available cards in the center of the table, and/or rearrange their cards and take one from another player. I think both of these add a bit more depth than what you get out of Sushi Goal. And you can pickup some chemistry along the way... I am TOTALLY biased toward picking up some chemistry along the way :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JohnS
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thank you for the information. You have convinced me that I still want this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.