11 Posts

Kingdom Builder: Marshlands» Forums » News

Subject: Kickstarter packages missing Queenie #3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Sinclair
msg tools
mbmbmb
I recently got my copy of Marshlands from the Kickstarter, but my package was missing the Queenie #3: Islands promo. Reading the Kickstarter comments, it appears that a lot of other people are in the same boat.

If you're missing anything, you can fill out the missing pieces form or contact the Queen Games employees:
r.gupta@queen-games.de (Rajive Gupta, CEO)
p.hellmeister@queen-games.de
j.humburg@queen-games.de
i.keutmann@queen-games.de (Inga, the communications person).

Hopefully this all gets resolved soon; I greatly enjoy Kingdom Builder and would hate to see this poorly-managed Kickstarter ruin it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, mine too. Frustrating.

I immediately contacted Inga. She was great replying to my other questions about delivery / combined shipping until I asked her about this part...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Do you guys suggest that we all contact them individually or is Queen Games planning a solution for this problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:

Do you guys suggest that we all contact them individually or is Queen Games planning a solution for this problem?

I don't know. I backed Harvest too and just asked if they could send it with that package, but no response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

They mentioned the missing expansion in the latest Kickstarter update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/kingdom-buil...

Kingdom Builder - Marshlands Kickstarter Update #20 (2016-10-04) wrote:
Also, we are aware that many of you did not receive Queenie #3, The Island. We had to order another print run for this item. It is expected to be available in late November and we will update you as we know more.

I'm pretty happy to hear that they are on top of it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, sounds like they were flooded with people pinging them. Can't blame them for not answering my own individual email in retrospect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:

They mentioned the missing expansion in the latest Kickstarter update:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1016374822/kingdom-buil...

Kingdom Builder - Marshlands Kickstarter Update #20 (2016-10-04) wrote:
Also, we are aware that many of you did not receive Queenie #3, The Island. We had to order another print run for this item. It is expected to be available in late November and we will update you as we know more.

I'm pretty happy to hear that they are on top of it

I decided not to back this Kickstarter due to Queen Games' past Kickstarter issues so I don't have any skin in the game, but did they not know how many copies they would need prior to fulfillment? They should have had the numbers of backers who selected it in their options, right? There's no reason they shouldn't have had enough product printed for their backers.

This seems like an awful Kickstarter experience, and I really hope Queen Games takes the comments and feedback to try to make some positive changes to how they run their company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This seems to me like a fair critique. I agree with what you're saying.

rebubula423 wrote:
I decided not to back this Kickstarter due to Queen Games' past Kickstarter issues so I don't have any skin in the game, but did they not know how many copies they would need prior to fulfillment? They should have had the numbers of backers who selected it in their options, right? There's no reason they shouldn't have had enough product printed for their backers.

This seems like an awful Kickstarter experience, and I really hope Queen Games takes the comments and feedback to try to make some positive changes to how they run their company.

But now that the error has been made, I'm happy to see that they're taking the initiative to resolve it. They could have ignored the issue, and dealt with it on a one-by-one basis as individuals complained, instead they made a public announcement about it. In my opinion, that's a positive step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:

This seems to me like a fair critique. I agree with what you're saying.

rebubula423 wrote:

But now that the error has been made, I'm happy to see that they're taking the initiative to resolve it. They could have ignored the issue, and dealt with it on a one-by-one basis as individuals complained, instead they made a public announcement about it. In my opinion, that's a positive step.

You're totally right. It is nice to see them take steps to fix it. I feel like I'm being hyper-critical, but it's too bad they didn't send that announcement out prior to people getting their package.

I feel so bad for the backers, especially since the Island is available at the BGG store, and has been for quite some time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You're 100% right. They did mess up, and it's obvious to all of us that this was a miscalculation on their part. They are an established company with a long list of games. Something like this shouldn't have happened.

rebubula423 wrote:
I feel so bad for the backers, especially since the Island is available at the BGG store, and has been for quite some time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sinclair
msg tools
mbmbmb
It seems that a large number of people are also missing the 25 stone tokens from Nomads and some of the settlement tokens from Crossroads, as well as deck 2/2. So if you kickstarted, make sure you received all the pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.