$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.1% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Ferox» Forums » Variants

Subject: Are your friends too squeamish? WIP solo rules - looking for feedback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are your friends too squeamish for this game? Have they all been eaten by cannibals? Are you stranded alone on the island?

I have the answer for you!

Here are my work in progress solo rules.

The Film Crew plays by the standard rules, the natives do not have a "hand of cards" but follow these changes to the rules instead:

Note: Updated to clarify item limits for natives and to clarify only one native response per turn. Oct. 4/16

I am going to continue to playtest them for a few more days before posting them to the file section so any feedback is more than welcome.

Feel free to post any questions, comments, insults, suggestions, recipes, etc.

Cheers!
The Rev
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Will give it a go and report back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
general hoth wrote:
I Will give it a go and report back

Thank you! There will be some edge cases (particularly if using scenarios) but I wanted to keep the rules simple. If there are ever decisions to make that you are uncertain of, just choose whatever makes the game harder

The toughest thing to remember to do is to draw a native "response" card from their response deck the first time you play a card or expose a crew member each turn. Other than that it should play pretty easily.

Feel free to let me know if you any feedback or suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the chance of trying the rules today.
It worked fine.
The natives kept playing reactive cards, a bit annoying as it cancelled many of my actions- attack.
A few of their actions were left to my imagination ( draw cards from the discard pile) no big trouble.
I lost on the Last encounter.
Overall it Was fun, i'll try again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
general hoth wrote:
I had the chance of trying the rules today.
It worked fine.
The natives kept playing reactive cards, a bit annoying as it cancelled many of my actions- attack.
A few of their actions were left to my imagination ( draw cards from the discard pile) no big trouble.
I lost on the Last encounter.
Overall it Was fun, i'll try again.

Thanks for trying them out! Glad you enjoyed it. With the draw from discard pile I just pull their best attack card. Some of the scenario encounters take some imagination too but I didn't want to make the rules too long.

With the response cards (which they will only play one a turn), I find sometimes if I really want to attack I will expose a crew member first to use up their response draw so my attack is uninterrupted.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think i mis-played the response cards.
I played for each card- character i played.
Makes sense now

I found the natives very reactive indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herman Turnip
msg tools
Great job! Gave it a run through this afternoon and lost on the next-to-last turn, but had a fun time losing. Will be giving it another go tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HermanTurnip wrote:
Great job! Gave it a run through this afternoon and lost on the next-to-last turn, but had a fun time losing. Will be giving it another go tomorrow.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Let me know if you have suggestions or questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome! Any chance we could get it in a printer friendly version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayOBedlam wrote:
This is awesome! Any chance we could get it in a printer friendly version?

Here is the latest (maybe final?) version in both colour and printer-friendly versions:

Cheers!

I am going to wait another week or so for any late-coming feedback and then I will post pdf versions to the file page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok so, I finally received my copy of the game, yesterday I tried your variant and it works really well! Great job!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.