Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You move from the tribal board onto a portal occupied by a zimby with the crown. What happens to the crown?

Another question: a Ritual of Terror expends a column of zimbies. Can another zimby that is not spent join that column? Is it spent? Can it attack or continue moving, by itself or as a stack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the questions!

Epee wrote:
You move from the tribal board onto a portal occupied by a zimby with the crown. What happens to the crown?

If you teleport onto the crown holder's portal tile from another tile on the main board, you swap places and the crown holder maintains control of the crown. If you teleport onto the crown holder's portal tile from a tribal board, the crown holder's column members are all dismissed and the crown remains on the tile for you to claim.

Epee wrote:
Another question: a Ritual of Terror expends a column of zimbies. Can another zimby that is not spent join that column? Is it spent? Can it attack or continue moving, by itself or as a stack?

The column affected by the ritual is depleted. That means that every creature in that column is depleted. They are completely useless for that round: no stacking, no movement, no channeling mojo, etc. If they are attacked, they can defend with brutality zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcfelli wrote:
Thanks for the questions!

Epee wrote:

The column affected by the ritual is depleted. That means that every creature in that column is depleted. They are completely useless for that round: no stacking, no movement, no channeling mojo, etc. If they are attacked, they can defend with brutality zero.

I understand that. But what if another non-depleted column wants to join the depleted column. Can they? If so, what happens if that new comboned column is attacked? This happened in our last game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Epee wrote:
I understand that. But what if another non-depleted column wants to join the depleted column. Can they? If so, what happens if that new comboned column is attacked? This happened in our last game.

Sorry about that: I completely spaced on that part of your question! New zimbies may not join a depleted column. A depleted column is useless for all activities, including accepting new zimbies into the column and releasing zimbies from the column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Moura
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jim. I was lucky to get a copy and bring it to Australia. We've played 3 games in less than a week, everyone I taught it to has enjoyed your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Christian! I appreciate the feedback and am pleased that your friends are enjoying the game. Thanks for asking your question in the BGG forum: it really helps other players who might have the same issue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.