Popular Tags: [View All]
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to ask this question, given how shabbily I think others who have asked about strategy have been treated, but here goes.

We have played regular QMG numerous times with two,cand it seemed balanced.

Now, with QMG:AH along with AM it seems the axis are getting crushed every time.

Any thoughts other than 'it was obviously playtested by the designer and it was balanced' or 'go fish for basic cards constantly' or 'you just need to power throught it for 1,000 plays and become an all knowing sense'?

We have found that the splitting of china cards between russia and US a killer. Also, the French seem to hold on for a long time, especially with the Maginot line.

So, constructive advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Karsten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played a few games with AH only, but here are my thoughts:

If Germany and Italy can't take Western Europe immediately, then they are stuffed. It must be done as soon as possible. Assuming this can be done, I'd then situationally pressure the North Sea, the Soviets, and possibly India (North Africa is really big game for Italy in AH). Japan should try to take China, but if the US/Soviets are pretty idle, you might be banging your head against the wall. In which case, might be better to go for India/Australia before the UK draws Increased Commonwealth Support. Putting heavy pressure on the North Sea will divert the attention of the UK (and likely the US) buying some time to bash the French and Chinese.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.