Subject: What size are the minis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to buy some additional minis to use for this game, and was wondering what size to purchase. Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are 30mm. Same as the normal DND figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
They are 30mm. Same as the normal DND figures.

Please forgive my ignorance, but is that the "same" as 28mm? I ask because I see a lot more 28mm minis for sale, and even some that say 28/30mm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Actually the scale is not terribly consistent. Some of them are 30mm, others are more like 25mm. You should be fine with 28mm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
achates wrote:
Actually the scale is not terribly consistent. Some of them are 30mm, others are more like 25mm. You should be fine with 28mm.

And if you aren't dealing with human beings, I'm not sure how consistent the scales need to be. How tall is an orc or elf, really?

Most, if not all of the figures in the DND Adventure series previously appeared as miniatures in the DnD RPG and miniatures games, so they are by definition compatible with those lines. I think the Pathfinder lines are the same. I think all the plastic miniatures work together. Some lines of pewter miniatures were more variable and may not look right when mixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
True but even within humans there is more variation than there should be. And I'm not talking about just height but also eg head size, which should be a lot more consistent. It's almost certainly due to quality control in the casting process, where shrinkage is a common problem. However it's not a big deal. These aren't expensive models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.