BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Facebook: roleplaying and board games for sale UK and EU only rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lára Pétursdóttir
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So my friend added me to the group 'roleplaying and board games for sale UK and EU only' almost a year back but rather than accepting me the admin blocked me. I presume my accident because I didn't do anything (or have chance to) and I don't know the admins. I've now relocated to the UK and have tried to gain access again but I'm still blocked. My friend just posted onto the group to ask them to unblock me and the admins simply deleted his request and I remain blocked.

Has anyone else had issues with this? Does anyone know the admins, and could ask them to unblock me? Or maybe the admins could tell me why I'm blocked? I can only imagine that this is a mistake/error, but I would like to resolve it

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're quite controlling, but then I can imagine it's a bit of a job administering the group. I think your friend's post was deleted as one of the main rules of the group is that posts are only for wants and sales posts. There's a separate group for normal messages and stuff like this should probably be directed straight to the admins by message rather than posting in the group feed.

The main admin is Pat Eadie - you could try messaging him on FB to explain the situation and I'm sure he'd sort it out: https://www.facebook.com/pat.eadie

Welcome to the UK, by the way, despite the Brexit nonsense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lára Pétursdóttir
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link. Apparently my friend did message them too and they said they would sort it out but it never happened. I imagine it is hard to run though. Just frustrating to be blocked. I'll try messaging him too and see if that works.

And thanks for the welcome, and I am actually British although I mostly live in Iceland... but I guess what with the Brexit nonsense it might be time for me to pick up dual nationality
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hague
United Kingdom
Todmorden
West Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Join up at https://www.facebook.com/groups/UKboardgametrade/ instead (or as well).

Theres fewer rules for one thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BTW: Iceland is not, and never has been, part of the EU and in that context brexit is irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
It is however a member of the EEA with full freedom of movement to the UK, which will likely cease with Brexit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FritzBraun wrote:
It is however a member of the EEA with full freedom of movement to the UK, which will likely cease with Brexit.

...so unsurprisingly quite relevant whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FritzBraun wrote:
Really? How prescient. I'll add that to the list of predictions all the Henny Pennys have made about about brexit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lára Pétursdóttir
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
FritzBraun wrote:
Really? How prescient. I'll add that to the list of predictions all the Henny Pennys have made about about brexit.

Non-EU and EEA citizens have an extremely difficult time in getting Icelandic residency, that is not going to change.

Anyway this is not the time or place to discuss this. As deeply as I care about this issue, on this thread I only want to work out how I can be unblocked and added to the group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
FritzBraun wrote:

It's hardly wild speculation, it's the stated aim of the current government!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hague
United Kingdom
Todmorden
West Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FritzBraun wrote:

It's hardly wild speculation, it's the stated aim of the current government!

And an excellent government it is too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lára Pétursdóttir
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Red831 wrote:
Hi Lara,
Just for the record no one has contacted me over private message prior to today, and it was not any of the people on this thread, including Stafan.
Stefan posted a message in the buy and sell group and I replied to it, then deleted it after 15 minutes, as it was not a buy and sell post. In the rules it states that any issues with the group are to be private messaged to me and I will deal with them case by case.
I have returned back home from work and Stefan has posted the subject up again in the group, even though I have private messaged him and explained everything. I have since replied to his post and sent him another private message. Maybe he did not see either of my two posts asking him to read his private messaged.
I did not "simply delete" the post, I answered it and spend time explaining to Stefan over private message, much like I did when I got in to you over private message.
Ever single issue I have received over private message or in the group I have answered and dealt with and have not just ignored people. That is rude.

Sorry for any miscommunication and thanks for replying. I was told you had replied to his message a year ago that I would be unblocked but I wasn't and I didn't follow it up. As for today, Stefán doesn't have a smart phone so all he saw was that you had deleted his messages without replying. I can't speak for Stefán but he is a good guy and he wouldn't deliberately disregard the rules and he wouldn't ignore anyone. Anyway, I think it is settled now why I was blocked (only having 1 Facebook profile photo that was public as my Facebook is very private). I hope I can be added to the group now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.