Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leandro Ronderos
Spain
GIJON
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I have the Orcs vs Elves copys, but I think this feature should be commmon to all.

It's a double check more than a doubt, because it seems weird to me.

When charging and there is no unit in the sector:

The unit can choose any unit of an adjacent sector from: engage/front/rear. So far so good.

Whe it comes to explain the shooting:

Rules says: If there is no unit in the sector, then, if there is no unit in the engagament/front of the chosen zone, then the rear is a possible target (per previous rules explaining what happens when there are no unit in the engagement/front but there is at the rear, and it reads: when there is no unit in the engagement/front, you can shoot at the rear.)

Is this really how it works?

In short:

Charging in an empty flank: Choose a unit of an adjacent zone from engagament/front/rear

Shooting is different: You can shoot at the rear, only, if there is no unit in the engagament/front zone of the flanked sector.

Ty in advance
Kind Regards

Leandro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dosxtres wrote:
In short:

Charging in an empty flank: Choose a unit of an adjacent zone from engagament/front/rear

Shooting is different: You can shoot at the rear, only, if there is no unit in the engagament/front zone of the flanked sector.

This is how I play. I think it's correct.
But, not only charging/shooting in a flank, also in the middle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's how I read it, which is handy because it also makes sense to me. If you're charging you're actually "going there" where as if you're standing and shooting if you draw a line of sight through a bunch of other guys it could obstruct your shot.

That's how I always thought about it anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HANJEL T
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
navajas wrote:
Yep, that's how I read it, which is handy because it also makes sense to me. If you're charging you're actually "going there" where as if you're standing and shooting if you draw a line of sight through a bunch of other guys it could obstruct your shot.

That's how I always thought about it anyway.

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.