Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The yellow mythos card "Shattered Magic" (from Strange Remnants) requires each investigator to discard half of his magical possessions.

The reference guide clearly says, that your spells count towards your possessions, but are they magical? I mean, spells do not have the keyword magical on them. On the other side, magical resistance prevents the application of dicepool-boni from assets with the attribute magical and from spells.

So the question is: Forces the above mentioned mythos card the players to also discard spells (or better to say: to count spells to their magical possessions)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
magical is a keyword, which spells lack, so no, they are not.

The possession "part" of the spell presumably is just a bunch of arcane scribbles, nothing particularly magical about that. (Most tomes, even artifacts, aren't magical either)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Knapp

Yellowstone National Park
Wyoming
msg tools
I'm going to piggyback on this thread since I have a somewhat related question. When you are instructed to discard half of your item possessions and you only have one, do you have to discard it? I have been playing that you have to since everything seems to be rounded against the investigators in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morlow00 wrote:
I'm going to piggyback on this thread since I have a somewhat related question. When you are instructed to discard half of your item possessions and you only have one, do you have to discard it? I have been playing that you have to since everything seems to be rounded against the investigators in the game.

Reference Guide page 10:

If an effect references “half ” of a number, round up to determine the final number.

PS. Congratulation to your new avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.