Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, I purchased a copy of the French edition of Glory to Rome. I could get these cards, sold at the geek store, or I could get a copy of this expansion in Spanish. I'm not sure if either is compatible with my French edition and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure the ones in the Geek Store are for the Cambridge I.V. edition and will not be compatible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
Pretty sure the ones in the Geek Store are for the Cambridge I.V. edition and will not be compatible.

That's what I figured, but I wanted to be certain. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Spanish, French and Hungarian editions are all the same. They use the Polish edition artwork, but the German edition graphic design. But I am not 100% certain.

It is all very, very confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, the Spanish version I saw is pretty cheap, but the shipping cost is close to US$100, so I think I'll pass on that.

I haven't been able to find the expansion for a decent price. I wouldn't mind if it were in Spanish, French or German...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is worth noting that the cards in the expansion are hard replacements for other cards so it is easy to proxy the expansion cards with the cards they replace (there are only 4 of them). Just tell everyone that those 4 cards have different rules, and then explain the other changes to the game regarding petitions/starting hands. That is actually how this expansion came about, long before it was actually printed.

Quote:
Playing with the Republic rules, players will find Glory to Rome a bit more forgiving (especially to new players) and more balanced in regard to the Craftsman/Architect roles. The Republic Expansion includes 15 cards:

Crane (x6), which replaces the Circus and allows you to use a card to lead or follow Architect.
Domus Aurea (x3), which replaces the Coliseum and lets you demolish incomplete buildings with no materials when performing the Legionary role.
Forum Romanum (x3), which replaces the Forum and allows for an instant win if you have one client of each type and one material of each type in the stockpile.
Tribunal (x3), which replaces the Senate and allows you to draw one Jack when performing the Thinker role.

When using the Republic Expansion, players start with five order cards in hand (instead of four order cards and a Jack). Players may also Petition with two cards of the same role instead of three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.