BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Recommend a FLGS Near Morrisville, North Carolina rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristijan Petrovski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi BGGrs,

I'm from Toronto Canada, and I'm headed to Morrisville NC next week for business.

I wanted to got to a local game store in the area, and I was looking to the community for some advice!

So, where do you recommend??whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Parker Douglas
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I work in Morrisville, and the closest store is Game Theory in Raleigh. The store has a nice selection, but tends to be on the higher end cost-wise. If you only go to one store in the area, though, I'd recommend Atomic Empire in Durham. It's maybe a half hour drive from the airport, but it's worth it. Huge selection and competitively priced. I always check there before I shop anywhere online (including Amazon).

If it's game play you are looking for, however, I only play at people's homes and/or bars, so I can't speak for either in that area. I will say that whenever I am there it's mostly Magic getting played. Both have many, many tables, though.

Have a safe trip, and enjoy North Carolina!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bohannon
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer's Armory in Cary (http://www.gamersarmory.com)
Game Theory in Raleigh (http://www.gametheorystore.com)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info!

Sorry I wasn't clear, I am looking to buy! Games in Canada are overpriced for the most part, even with the conversion, it pays off to grab a game from the USA. Also, you guys get the good stuff before us

I will try and squeeze in Atomic Empire, if my schedule allows!

Cheers JPD!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markbo wrote:
Gamer's Armory in Cary (http://www.gamersarmory.com)
Game Theory in Raleigh (http://www.gametheorystore.com)

Thanks for the input!!

I am looking for recommendations, I've checked out the websites, but I wanted to know which would be better for buying a game from (selection size , price and distance to Morrisville).

Which would you recommend from those two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Gamer's Armory in Cary. My experience has been their regular prices are below MSRP.

However, you might also want to check out a local Target. They currently have a few exclusives, if you're looking for one of those. And, depending on how soon you're traveling, there may be a few games left at 50-75% off in the Barnes & Noble clearance sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm headed down Wednesday next week.

I didn't think of Target! Thank you!

Whats this Barnes & Noble you speak of?? 50-75% off?!! I must know more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atomic Empire is typically 20% off MSRP. You can also order online for in-store pickup. If you order it now, they might be able to get it if it's not currently in stock.

Gamer's Armory is 15% I think. I would shop there more if it was closer than the others, but my limited buying experiences have been good.

Game Theory is MSRP until you've bought enough to earn frequent buyer discounts, and even then it caps out at 10%.

Barnes and Noble is in the middle of a "Red Dot" sale which has select games down 25% then 50% then even lower, but the good ones are typically gone by then or shortly after. I'd skip it this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slowmow wrote:
Whats this Barnes & Noble you speak of?? 50-75% off?!! I must know more
- DEAD - [ Barnes & Noble ] Fall 2016 Red Dot Clearance Sale - Currently $2 - First Post Updated Regularly - DEAD -
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Medlin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Gamers Armory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there are North Carolinians monitoring this thread, what about stores near Banner Elk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for your help!

I can't wait for my trip now, at least, once I get all the boring work stuff out of the way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Marie
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hello! I've been living in Cary for 2 years now, (about a 2 minute drive to Morrisville)

I must HIGHLY recommend to check out Atomic Empire in Durham. It's about a half hour drive from Cary/Morrisville, but every bit worth the drive. Especially if you want to buy games! Most everything in their store has a 20% msrp discount. And they have a huge wall of board games, along with all kinds of collectibles, comic books, card sleeves, deck boxes. They are my favorite store to go browse, but hubby hates making the trip because I always find at least one game I want. And by 1 mean 3 lol. My last visit I saw they had Biblios for $18, and it was surprisingly cheaper than what Amazon was asking for.

The Gamer's Armory in Cary is alright. They're much closer to me, so when I'm feeling the new board game itch I tend to go there after work instead of trekking out to Durham sans hubby. But their prices are always more expensive. Went there 2 days ago, picked up Flash Point even though it was $10 more than amazon. Had to keep helping small business in mind, although the economic side of me wanted to say no. The selection tends to be rather limited.

Atomic is definitely the way to go in terms of a broader range. I've also seen several Kickstarter games at Atomic, which never appear at Gamer's Armory.

Enjoy your visit!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the awesome post!

Luckily my trip has been extended to nights, so I can defiantly squeeze in the slightly longer trip. I will try and visit both Atomic Empire and Gamer's Armoury as they have both been recommended...

Maybe I should also mention, I love my Thematic games! Not a huge fan of euros. I want to grab something else for Descent, zombicide, galaxy defenders, Arena of the Planeswalkers and the like... I also plan on perusing the MtG stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.