Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used some of these from the dollar store and they work great! They actually have working lid ridges so tokens won't slide out of their section. They are available as a case lot from Dollar tree online.

https://www.dollartree.com/Crafter-s-Square-Compartmented-Pl...#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TIL that The Dollar Tree (The Dollar Tree!) has a website that you can order product from...

Also, these look great. I will have to keep them in mind next time I'm by a Dollar Tree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea if these are in-store or just on the web site?

Pete (likes)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dumas
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used these before in the past as well. They work great if you have small pieces for a game, but the compartments are not as roomy as some of the plano boxes I have used. That's not a bad thing though...Some times you need a smaller box, and these are great for that. I have a bunch of 8 mm cubes I picked up for use with PnP, and I use one of these for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dumas
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
Any idea if these are in-store or just on the web site?

Pete (likes)

I got mine in store. I live in Missouri - about an hour away from KC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Weimholt
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty awesome deal.

Too bad for me that those Plano-style boxes drive me crazy. Every time I find myself trying to dig a cardboard chit out of the bottom of one of those square compartments, my eye starts twitching and I have a sudden urge to smash the table to splinters with a sledgehammer. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Here I thought you had posted my favorite DT storage solution.

These are found in the hardware/tool section in store

These are nice and compact. You could fit two within a copy of Artifacts, Inc.. You only need on for Artifacts Inc, but just to give you an idea of dimensions and their low profile.

mweimholt wrote:

Too bad for me that those Plano-style boxes drive me crazy. Every time I find myself trying to dig a cardboard chit out of the bottom of one of those square compartments, my eye starts twitching and I have a sudden urge to smash the table to splinters with a sledgehammer. angry

These are right up your ally, they have rounded corners (front and back edge) on all compartments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
suggestion: edit base post to include retailer in the *subject*... for more suggestions see
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1417183/what-hot-deal
also don't forget that DT also sells 10 packs of small plastic containers w/lids that are also great for various games, they come in round or rectangular
https://www.dollartree.com/Sure-Fresh-Mini-Storage-Container...

IdahoGeekette wrote:
I used some of these from the dollar store and they work great! They actually have working lid ridges so tokens won't slide out of their section. They are available as a case lot from Dollar tree online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doiron
msg tools
JBMoby wrote:

These are nice and compact. You could fit two within a copy of Artifacts, Inc.. You only need on for Artifacts Inc, but just to give you an idea of dimensions and their low profile.

mweimholt wrote:

These are right up your ally, they have rounded corners (front and back edge) on all compartments.

I've used both the "tool" boxes and these "plano style" boxes. I stopped at 2 of the plano style, but have about 20 of the tool boxes. They are infinitely better. The plano style has obnoxiously sharp edges and narrow, deep holes. They're good if you can store large items in them (I use them for zooloretto tiles), but they're pretty unpleasant for smaller things like cubes and chits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw, $5 flat rate shipping until 10/5: https://www.dollartree.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=Fl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

Or free site to store shipping, if you have one nearby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:

I dig those toolboxes. Some images for scale: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/182854/dollar-store-age
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea! I use this little multi=pack boxes ALL the time. They are perfect both to keep token/coin piles IN the games, or to stack and carry as a universal holders for any games--- I wrapped a band of washi tape around some and bring them to game club.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both, depending on the stock your local store has. My store sold out so I just got two to play with, which is a enough to find out how great they work.

I've tried some other similar cheap things from them before, but these work exceptionally well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may like the CraftMates line of boxes, but I rarely see them at discount stores, however michaels and joannes frequently have great coupon bargains.

These are rounded on bottom, wide mouthed, but compact in assorted sizes, very superior for tokens that get used a lot in game, like banking powergrid or puerto rico.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used a lot of these, but I find the others better because these clear ones are much shorter, flimsier, and the lid does not close tightly and the chits, tokens, etc small pieces float around into other compartments. I stopped using them for banking, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IdahoGeekette wrote:

Old news, this has been shared before. And yes they are in the store. Once again, here is a picture of many great items for gamers found at The Dollar Tree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:

Old news, this has been shared before. And yes they are in the store. Once again, here is a picture of many great items for gamers found at The Dollar Tree.

None of your pictured items are these boxes and, since I got to dollartree fairly regularly, I can confirm these are new boxes.

So, new news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
DomaGB wrote:

None of your pictured items are these boxes and, since I got to dollartree fairly regularly, I can confirm these are new boxes.

So, new news.

Perhaps, the one I have seen mentioned here before, but not in my picture is seen here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/182854/dollar-store-age

I thought your was just a recolored one, as the Dollar Tree has seasonally changed the colors on many of their containers, but upon closer look, they are designed differently.

So yes, this is new news.

I would like to see a comparison though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mweimholt wrote:

Be prepared, man, I am about to change your life:

All you need is one nerf dart. Keep it in the container with the chits.

Yer welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, the ones I'm fond of and posted are new ones...... the clear ones posted here are much thinner, and flimsier. And the lid does not hold on tight, so my coin/tokens always move around in transport and I have to resort all my stuff before playing again. I use these clear ones, but they are not as good for small, flat pieces or chunky pieces IMO.

DomaGB wrote:
Donald wrote:
DomaGB wrote:

So, new news.

Perhaps, the one I have seen mentioned here before, but not in my picture is seen here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/182854/dollar-store-age

I thought your was just a recolored one, as the Dollar Tree has seasonally changed the colors on many of their containers, but upon closer look, they are designed differently.

So yes, this is new news.

I would like to see a comparison though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The boxes featured here look a lot like Stack-On brand boxes. The specs show that they're probably just a little bit smaller than the usual ones. For a dollar though, they're a steal. I'm definitely going to swing by the DT tomorrow and check their stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.