tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hall
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Wait for sales?

I purchased the day of release from amazon for $77 but there have been many users who sign up for Barnes and Noble emails. Occasionally you will receive a 15-20% off coupon, so that would help lower the price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Amos
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yeah a good sale.

On Amazon now it's 130

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Vader813 wrote:
Yeah a good sale.

On Amazon now it's 130

you're new.

RULE 1: always find the MSRP of a game you want to buy.The MSRP in this caseis $100. Anything more than $100 is someone trying to take advantage of a temporary out of stock by overcharging. For a new game like this that will definitely be back in stock in the future you have to be impatient, foolish or both to pay higher than MSRRP

RULE 2: learn to tell the difference between a product being sold by Amazon and an Amazon third party seller. Amazon themselves NEVER sells a product for higher than MSRP. Annd while still covered by Amazon protections, third party sellers are less dependable. The $130 price you see on Amazon is not from Amazon directly.

RULE 3: CoolStuffInc, Cardhaus, and MiniatureMarket all stock modern board games at discounted prices. If the three of them and Amazon are out of stock on a game, you are most likely best off waiting for the next shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Amos
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
No I would never pay that much for a a game.

I just seen it on amazon for 130 and I thought that was to high. And I want to know where else to look for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
The game is listed for $99.00 on the Fantasy Flight Games website. I would consider anything lower than that on Ebay a decent price. I wouldn't expect to be able to find it there, though, for less than $70.00 at the lowest. It's still pretty new and the demand is very high. I guess it just depends on how anxious you are to get a copy quickly, or to wait for a lower price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragon7507 wrote:
Wait for sales?

I purchased the day of release from amazon for $77 but there have been many users who sign up for Barnes and Noble emails. Occasionally you will receive a 15-20% off coupon, so that would help lower the price.

The big deal a lot of people here took advantage of early September was an online-only 40% off one item coupon from Barnes & Noble, with free shipping (for orders greater than $25 I think). Combined with a discount gift card offer from another company, the price for Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition came to about $60 total (including tax & shipping).

I don't know when the next coupons will come, but you have to sign up for them ahead of time anyway. If the BN.com site doesn't prompt you, there's a sign-up blank at the bottom right of every page, for "savings, news, updates".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain hames $99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mckay
United Kingdom
Westerham
Kent
flag msg tools
Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
mbmb
If in the uk, I cannot recommend chaoscards enough! Cheapest rate for mom2ed and expansions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Smog
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus has 40 copies...make that 39. Need $125 order for free shipping.

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/mansions_of_madn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend the Barnes & Noble online store has MoM2e in its "30% off any one game (exclusions apply)". That's $69.97 + sales tax, with free shipping.

The list of qualifying 30% off games are at this B&N link.

There are quite a few "hobby" games to choose from, as well as many, many family games. To get the discount, the game must also be from B&N (product page has an "Add to Bag" button) and not "our marketplace sellers" (product page has only a "[#] New & Used from [$...]" button).

Happy Hunting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.