Neuroshima Hex!» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Steel Police - A too strong expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francisco Lorenzo Parada
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played a few times with Steel Police Expansion and I think that this expansion is not balanced with the others.

Judge tile is too strong: ranged attack, reflection, movility and attack in two iniciatives! Reflection and movility are a too strong combination! And it has 3 tiles! And the other tiles are good too.

What do you think about the strength of this expansion? It has any weakness?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franbgg wrote:
I played a few times with Steel Police Expansion and I think that this expansion is not balanced with the others.

Judge tile is too strong: ranged attack, reflection, movility and attack in two iniciatives! Reflection and movility are a too strong combination! And it has 3 tiles! And the other tiles are good too.

What do you think about the strength of this expansion? It has any weakness?

Is it OP? No, not at all. It is a really well balanced army, you just need to play with it (or against it) a little bit more to notice that

Check these reviews:
- The balance stays intact
- OMFG! Is Steel Police grossly overpowered, or what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend reading an article about this issue. It was published in 2013 when Steel Police was released for the first time.

Link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that was an amusing read, Ignacy. Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Lorenzo Parada
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you for the links!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Lorenzo Parada
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
trzewik wrote:
I recommend reading an article about this issue. It was published in 2013 when Steel Police was released for the first time.

Link

This is a very interesting text!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel K.
Germany
flag msg tools
Okay...so you just have to be a Neuroshima-expert + you need several weeks of constant play to figure out how to play with/against this army. Seems very balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
I'm surprised people fold so easily when it comes to strategy for Neuroshima Hex!

Steel Police rely very heavily on the 1/0 mobile shooters. Similar to Borgo's Net Fighters, you need to make sure you are aware of how many they have left and what would happen if they drew them next turn. Beyond this, you want to keep the board as clear as possible to avoid giving Steel Police amped-up fighters when they arrive (and hiding spots for them). By pressuring their board situation, they will be forced to Net from their HQ inefficiently. Throw modules early, keep battles and dudes, and focus on eliminating board rather than dealing damage. Steel Police doesn't have a lot of guys, so you will get time to close on their HQ later with a critical mass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.