Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Brown
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
I have 3 separate questions.

1) First, I assume you can't use steel and titanium to buy cards during the research phase. True? That would be awkward.

2) Is converting energy into heat at the start of the production phase required? It sounds like it is. So that means if you have cards that need energy for you to play them, you have to start fresh each generation in getting energy?

3) I haven't totally scoped out all the cards but came across this today. Decomposers lets you add a microbe to the card "when you play an animal, plant, or microbe tag". Advanced Ecosystems card has all 3. If you played that card would you add 3 microbes to Decomposers?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
Roguester wrote:

1) First, I assume you can't use steel and titanium to buy cards during the research phase. True? That would be awkward.

2) Is converting energy into heat at the start of the production phase required? It sounds like it is. So that means if you have cards that need energy for you to play them, you have to start fresh each generation in getting energy?

3) I haven't totally scoped out all the cards but came across this today. Decomposers lets you add a microbe to the card "when you play an animal, plant, or microbe tag". Advanced Ecosystems card has all 3. If you played that card would you add 3 microbes to Decomposers?

Thanks

1) Steel and Titanium are only used to play cards that have the building or space tag, respectively.
You can't use them for buying cards, or anything else, unless a card specifically says so.

2) Yes, energy is always converted to heat, and thus can't be stored.

3) Cards that trigger on a symbol being played trigger for each symbol on that card. In your case that would result in 3 microbes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boehm
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roguester wrote:

You only convert produced energy (copper, silver, golden cubes), not energy production (cube of player colour). After the converting of energy you produce new energy according to your energy production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Brown
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
Dakturak wrote:
Roguester wrote:

You only convert produced energy (copper, silver, golden cubes), not energy production (cube of player colour). After the converting of energy you produce new energy according to your energy production.

Thanks, I haven't played it yet and had forgotten that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narciso Jaramillo
United States
California
flag msg tools
But yes, that does mean that you can't "save up" energy across generations for blue-card actions that require it - you have to be able to produce at least that much energy in each generation to be able to use such an action. (e.g., there's a blue-card action that lets you spend 4 energy to gain a steel and increase oxygen 1 level.) Didn't occur to me the first time I got one of those cards and played it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastinator1 wrote:

3) Cards that trigger on a symbol being played trigger for each symbol on that card. In your case that would result in 3 microbes.

Is that so? I missed that then.
There's actually a card (Nature Reserve?) that says place an animal for each plant or plant tag, including the 2 on this card. I interpreted it as only 1 animal - but by what you are saying it should be 2, and 2 for Advanced Ecosystems as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
newsaidin wrote:
Bastinator1 wrote:

Is that so? I missed that then.
There's actually a card (Nature Reserve?) that says place an animal for each plant or plant tag, including the 2 on this card. I interpreted it as only 1 animal - but by what you are saying it should be 2, and 2 for Advanced Ecosystems as well?

To my understanding that's the case.
Maybe the designer can stop by to confirm this though... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebastian is a wise man, full of understanding and Terraforming correctness Each tag is indeed counted separately, that is why refer to playing a tag instead of playing a card, because you only play the card once, but one card can have several tags, and each of the tags is played. We even have double science tags on one card (Research) to trigger science effects twice, and count twice in the scientist award.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.