Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Forbidden Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
1.Is it right that I can't end my movement on a flooded tile? So I always have to be on a normal tile during the end my turn?
2. Does that affect transportation through the elicopter card too? Do I always have to move another player or be moved on a normal,non-flooded tile?
3. Finally, when I get moved by the special effect of the Navigator, can I use my special effects? For example, if I am the Diver, can I get moved through ANY NUMBER of missing or flooded tiles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1) You can end your movement on a flooded tile. Just be aware that it might sink beneath your feet, at which point you swim to an adjacent tile. If there is no adjacent tile then you drown and lose the game. So it's prudent to stay on solid ground, but not required.

You can also turn in the 4 cards to collect treasure from flooded tiles as well. You didn't ask, but I felt like mentioning it.

2) Helicopter card is the same, you can drop people off on flooded tiles.

3) That you can't do. The navigator can only move you to adjacent squares, no diagonals or swimming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In regard to the third question, Matt Leacock has said the Navigator can have the Diver swim through one missing tile, but must have them end up on land as the second movement. Furthermore, the Navigator can move the Explorer diagonally, but cannot have the Pilot fly.

Diver Questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's a fantastic tidbit! Thanks for correcting me, I can't wait to use that next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.