Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

For those that are fans of 2 player, co-op and/or solo modes, how do the modes hold up to when you add the expansions? Do you still enjoy the different modes?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eharding wrote:
Hey all,

For those that are fans of 2 player, co-op and/or solo modes, how do the modes hold up to when you add the expansions? Do you still enjoy the different modes?

Thanks!

I modded a PBF solo game with Pegasus and Exodus... solo PBF game thread andits geeklist here

No special rules except for what was in the rulebook, and since there were no rules for expansions, we kept everything else about the expansions the same. It was fun to mod, and the players enjoyed it too, but the game was also very easy. Like 2p Pandemic easy difficulty level easy (and in pandemic, 2p is one level easier than normal, so normal is really easy, and easy is something below easy which officially isn't a level... "pushover" difficulty, with only 3 Epidemic cards?)

If I were to make changes to solo and fully-coop, I'd incorporate most of the existing stuff in the rulebook for the base game, but I'd make the following changes:
base game
--I was never a fan of the "main character + assist character" mechanic. Either have one player controller one character, or have one player control multiple characters
-=-for a single player, have the character's weakness also come into play
-=-for multiple characters, each character must discard a skill card at the end of each turn, or HIS turn. Else, incur penalties, like Brig, or resource losses, or other players also losing cards

ADDITIONAL STUFF TO ADD MORE ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY
--find a way to incorporate Cylon reveal powers. The solo game as is makes it chance (IIRC, after x # of heavy raider icons), and a YAAC power hits you. Probably all of them
--ditto with super crisis cards
--at the end of each round, roll a die to randomly do one of the Cylon locations. If using Caprica, cylon ship icons count! Jump icons do NOT!

--hand limit of 6 to 8 Qcards. I never felt 10 was enough, at least with just the base game
--add a sort of Treachery deck to the Destiny Deck that never gets drawn

With expansions
Pegasus
--Use Treachery from here and Daybreak
--Add 4 Treachery to Destiny Deck, instead of just 2

Exodus
--Use both CAC and CFB
--cylon ship icons always +1 on Pursuit track
--Basestar Bridge also activates at the end of each round?
--at the very least, use Personal Goals

Daybreak
--Use Mutiny
--one player becomes Mutineer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.