Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kai fai wong
United States
san gabriel
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Flight-Games-FS01-Forbidden/d... now i bit sad order when was 76.95
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not cancel the one at $76.95 and reorder it at the lower price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kai fai wong
United States
san gabriel
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have wait get to me and than ship it back.to much work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thought Amazon had a policy if something dropped in price within 14 days they would refund the difference? Recall many doing it before. Just have to contact there customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Golden
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Amazon does adjust your purchase within so many days after a price drop of that product. Just contact a customer service rep. My wife has done it quite often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall they stopped that policy earlier this year. Your best bet now is if you have a credit card with a price match guarantee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kai fai wong
United States
san gabriel
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seem like than stop doing.i try it before marking the post
Goldie06 wrote:
Amazon does adjust your purchase within so many days after a price drop of that product. Just contact a customer service rep. My wife has done it quite often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I checked triple camel that this was just a few bucks more than their alltime-low price, and I decided to pull the trigger. But I have to admit that after all these deals popping up lately, I'm starting to get a bit skeptical.

I decided to order it because it looks like a nice game that I'd enjoy, and it's supposed to be going out of print, so the price is only supposed to be going up from here on out. But is that always what happens to popular OoP titles? Could I be duped by the hype and the price will actually drop much more before it rises?

I still have a few days to cancel the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matlockheed wrote:

That is exactly what I just did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add to Cart button is still there but it says it's no longer available if you try to add it. I might have gotten one of the last ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carson
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's dead now ... went to get one just a moment ago and everything is well over 100.

Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it's out now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
So, I checked triple camel that this was just a few bucks more than their alltime-low price, and I decided to pull the trigger. But I have to admit that after all these deals popping up lately, I'm starting to get a bit skeptical.

I decided to order it because it looks like a nice game that I'd enjoy, and it's supposed to be going out of print, so the price is only supposed to be going up from here on out. But is that always what happens to popular OoP titles? Could I be duped by the hype and the price will actually drop much more before it rises?

It depends on the game, but with a lot of these, they just won't be available any longer. This seems more like the ones that just go up because 1) it's a licensed property with a small but devoted fanbase, 2) it's an "I like it, but I can get that later" game (due to the high price) though it's now going away, and 3) it'll probably be reimplemented but with somewhat different rules (read: too different to satisfy some) and a new theme, so there's a "I always wanted to play the original" once the new implementation comes along.

Heck, if you read reviews of Forbidden Stars, a lot of them talk about how it reimplements a lot of the mechanics from Starcraft which is one of those games where it went out of print and the game went up in price and stayed there (and the expansion is even more expensive than the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len S
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must have gotten in just under the wire. Thanks OP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
It's live again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Troyan
United States
Elkton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its back in stock at same 62.32.

Go get it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizárraga Armando
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG haven't seen this one this cheap in a while,I pulled the trigger.

Critical hit to the wallet, hope is worth it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
matlockheed wrote:
wamsp wrote:

It depends on the game, but with a lot of these, they just won't be available any longer. This seems more like the ones that just go up because 1) it's a licensed property with a small but devoted fanbase, 2) it's an "I like it, but I can get that later" game (due to the high price) though it's now going away, and 3) it'll probably be reimplemented but with somewhat different rules (read: too different to satisfy some) and a new theme, so there's a "I always wanted to play the original" once the new implementation comes along.

Heck, if you read reviews of Forbidden Stars, a lot of them talk about how it reimplements a lot of the mechanics from Starcraft which is one of those games where it went out of print and the game went up in price and stayed there (and the expansion is even more expensive than the game).

It probably won't ever be printed again because it's an FFG/Games Workshop game, and they've just dissolved their partnership. This means FFG can no longer use any of the Games Workshops IP. This is why Chaos in the Old World, Space Hulk Death Angel, Blood Bowl Team Manager, and all the other Warhammer games printed by FFG are rising in price, some ridiculously. At least, that's my understanding of it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Veaner
United States
Melrose
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Have any of these "Due in stock" from Amazon sales worked? They had it for Fury of Dracula too. Did they actually end up with more or is it all wishful thinking for a cancellation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got it. I canceled my previous order. It hasn't shipped yet since it's not restocked so it took me all of 30 seconds to buy the new one and cancel the old on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hesse
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darges wrote:
Have any of these "Due in stock" from Amazon sales worked? They had it for Fury of Dracula too. Did they actually end up with more or is it all wishful thinking for a cancellation.

I did this for FoD and it worked, took about a week or two but I have the game in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hesse
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
Just got it. I canceled my previous order. It hasn't shipped yet since it's not restocked so it took me all of 30 seconds to buy the new one and cancel the old on.

I did the same thing, cancellation was not promised since the order was preparing for shipment, but about a min later I got an email confirming the cancellation of the previous order. Saved 14 bucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrii Chabykin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mb
We're sorry. The item Forbidden Stars Board Game is no longer available from the seller you selected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darges wrote:

Short answer, yep.

Longer answer, this is a major toy maker pushing through it's inventory. We still have 4 months left in the licensing deal. There's no reason to think this won't ship or that it won't be in-stock through the Christmas season. Also keep in mind that the ending of a contract between FFG and GW means that FFG can't continue to sell product. But there may still be product in the distribution chain. FFG could deliver 100,000 units of Forbidden Stars to one of the big distributors on the last day of the agreement and we'd have that thing in stock at most local game stores for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qualm wrote:
matlockheed wrote:

That is exactly what I just did.

Ditto!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.