United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've finally found a website where I can make overlays which I think will ship cheaply to the UK, but I haven't got my copy of the game yet. Can anyone give me the dimensions of the player mat (or a vector file of an overlay design)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete S
United States
Macungie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I totally hear you on shipping costs - I really wish there was a cheaper option for shipping things across the pond from the US. Not sure I fully understand what drives that price up so high.

In any case, glad you could find an affordable solution. The player mat dimensions are 22 x 16 cm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
In this city there are those who'd live alone. Twilight brings them from the gloom into our homes. And hiding there among the wreckage left behind. They see things that aren't there when they close their eyes
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
So I've finally found a website where I can make overlays which I think will ship cheaply to the UK, but I haven't got my copy of the game yet. Can anyone give me the dimensions of the player mat (or a vector file of an overlay design)?

Do they ship to Germany?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcpete22 wrote:
I totally hear you on shipping costs - I really wish there was a cheaper option for shipping things across the pond from the US. Not sure I fully understand what drives that price up so high.

In any case, glad you could find an affordable solution. The player mat dimensions are 22 x 16 cm.

Thanks, I dont suppose you have the internal dimensions of the spaces that will need to be cut out? The website didnt work out as I thought it would, however we have a really good UK Board Game Chat group on facebook and I've found a couple of people there offering to do it. I won't get my copy of the game until next week so I was hoping to get the measurements/designs before then.

If you have time to do this that would be awesome, but if not (or you cant be bothered) I totally understand and can just wait until my copy comes next week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
jffalaschi wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:

Do they ship to Germany?

Yes but after going through everything they turned out to be pretty expensive anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete S
United States
Macungie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Since it's only a week I honestly would wait until you have a player mat in hand, and then ideally provide the actual mat to whomever will be creating your overlay, if possible. To get things to line up correctly takes a few attempts, and while my own design cuts perfectly on my machine, it may differ on others due to any number of variables (lens, kerf, etc.).

Additionally my design was made with the expectation of being mounted on a backboard for support, so I'm not sure it would give you exactly what you're looking for.

Happy to help you as much as I can, but I just wouldn't want you to spend any money and not get good results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
rcpete22 wrote:
Since it's only a week I honestly would wait until you have a player mat in hand, and then ideally provide the actual mat to whomever will be creating your overlay, if possible. To get things to line up correctly takes a few attempts, and while my own design cuts perfectly on my machine, it may differ on others due to any number of variables (lens, kerf, etc.).

Additionally my design was made with the expectation of being mounted on a backboard for support, so I'm not sure it would give you exactly what you're looking for.

Happy to help you as much as I can, but I just wouldn't want you to spend any money and not get good results.

Thanks very much Pete thats very good advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Murphy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In an effort to save you even more money I would say wait until after a few plays to determine if you even need a platmat. In 14 games only twice has it been an issue and both times we were able to remember and quickly fix the runaway cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
rcpete22 wrote:

Thanks very much Pete thats very good advice!

You two should go on an adventure together
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.