Subject: Scoring VP with Total Control rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Brahm
Germany
Wuppertal
flag msg tools
Hey,

I had my very first game yesterday (4 players) and we all liked it. But there was one question we could not clarify without a doubt.

The question is about the timing:
When exactly do I score the VP on the total control side of a token?

Option A: At the start of your turn. If you have control you get the benefit from the control side of the token. If during this turn you manage to get total control you flip the token but DO NOT score the VPs

Option B: Anytime during your turn. If you manage to achieve total control during your turn you flip the token and score the benefit from the total control side.

We went for B but haven't been sure if this was correct

Best,
Thomas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say "Once on each of your turns".
Because the phrasing gives no exact moment during your turn I'd say that you can reap the benefits of each Site Control token you have at any moment of your turn. This includes the moment you just gained it and implies that you can wait to gain total control before cashing it in in order to reap the improved benefits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's neither of those actually. Look at your player board, the timing is on there. You score VPs after you've finished playing cards and taking actions, and before you discard and draw a new hand.

It could have been clearer in the rulebook I think, but there's no doubt about the intended timing when the turn sequence on the player board is taken into account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interociter wrote:
It's neither of those actually. Look at your player board, the timing is on there. You score VPs after you've finished playing cards and taking actions, and before you discard and draw a new hand.

It could have been clearer in the rulebook I think, but there's no doubt about the intended timing when the turn sequence on the player board is taken into account.

Oh! Good catch (I only looked at the rulebook). That's a bit stricter than I initially thought.

Then, I think the non-VP bonus from Site Control tokens (namely, the added influence) it's what the rulebook refers to when it mentions "getting an effect that depends on your degree of control".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brahm
Germany
Wuppertal
flag msg tools
Ah, okay, that makes sense. Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Painkeeper wrote:
See page 8:
Quote:
At the end of your turn, perform the following steps in order:
1. Promote cards ...
2. Gain VP for your site control markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
Painkeeper wrote:
See page 8:
Quote:
At the end of your turn, perform the following steps in order:
1. Promote cards ...
2. Gain VP for your site control markers.

Ugh! The online PDF reader I used may have missed that text when I searched for "site control".
Thank you for pointing it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.