3,810 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
24% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Should Hillary become President, expect a lot of this stuff:

Obama DOJ drops charges against alleged broker of Libyan weapons
Arms dealer had threatened to expose Hillary Clinton’s talks about arming anti-Qadhafi rebels.

Quote:
The Obama administration is moving to dismiss charges against an arms dealer it had accused of selling weapons that were destined for Libyan rebels.

Lawyers for the Justice Department on Monday filed a motion in federal court in Phoenix to drop the case against the arms dealer, an American named Marc Turi, whose lawyers also signed the motion.

The deal averts a trial that threatened to cast additional scrutiny on Hillary Clinton’s private emails as Secretary of State, and to expose reported Central Intelligence Agency attempts to arm rebels fighting Libyan leader Moammar Qadhafi.

Government lawyers were facing a Wednesday deadline to produce documents to Turi’s legal team, and the trial was officially set to begin on Election Day, although it likely would have been delayed by protracted disputes about classified information in the case.

A Turi associate asserted that the government dropped the case because the proceedings could have embarrassed Clinton and President Barack Obama by calling attention to the reported role of their administration in supplying weapons that fell into the hands of Islamic extremist militants.

“They don’t want this stuff to come out because it will look really bad for Obama and Clinton just before the election,” said the associate.

In the dismissal motion, prosecutors say “discovery rulings” from U.S. District Court Judge David Campbell contributed to the decision to drop the case. The joint motion asks the judge to accept a confidential agreement to resolve the case through a civil settlement between the State Department and the arms broker.

“Our position from the outset has been that this case never should have been brought and we’re glad it’s over,” said Jean-Jacques Cabou, a Perkins Coie partner serving as court-appointed defense counsel in the case. “Mr Turi didn’t break the law….We’re very glad the charges are being dismissed.”

Under the deal, Turi admits no guilt in the transactions he participated in, but he agreed to refrain from U.S.-regulated arms dealing for four years. A $200,000 civil penalty will be waived if Turi abides by the agreement.

A State Department official confirmed the outlines of the agreement.

“Mr. Turi cooperated with the Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls in its review and proposed administrative settlement of the alleged violations,” said the official, who asked not be named. “Based on a compliance review, DDTC alleged that Mr. Turi…engaged in brokering activities for the proposed transfer of defense articles to Libya, a proscribed destination under [arms trade regulations,] despite the Department’s denial of…requests for the required prior approval of such activities.”

Turi adviser Robert Stryk of the government relations and consulting firm SPG accused the government of trying to scapegoat Turi to cover up Clinton’s mishandling of Libya.

“The U.S. government spent millions of dollars, went all over the world to bankrupt him, and destroyed his life — all to protect Hillary Clinton’s crimes,” he said, alluding to the deadly Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

Full story at link above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will things change if she becomes president?
In that she doesnt really give a shit what people are saying since she already has achieved the ultimate goal?

Or maybe she will just drone these people. That means kill in liberal speak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the days of a president NOT being under constant congressional "oversight" are long over no matter who's POTUS, our tax dollars at work. Why actually get something done when you can spend all day tilting at windmills both real and if not available imaginary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
I think the days of a president NOT being under constant congressional "oversight" are long over no matter who's POTUS, our tax dollars at work. Why actually get something done when you can spend all day tilting at windmills both real and if not available imaginary.

If Trump is elected, rest assured that the media digging into absolutely every nook and cranny is the over sight that is needed.
If Hillary wins though, she will just keep providing the talking points to them so they can follow along like good little liberal hive mind drones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

If Trump is elected, rest assured that the media digging into absolutely every nook and cranny is the over sight that is needed.
If Hillary wins though, she will just keep providing the talking points to them so they can follow along like good little liberal hive mind drones.

Are the websites you get your information from not part of the media?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Is it media that you believe?
Or is it fringe whackos that you discount because they dont say exactly what the mainstream media is saying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Arms dealer had threatened to expose Hillary Clinton’s talks about arming anti-Qadhafi rebels.

Quote:
The Obama administration is moving to dismiss charges against an arms dealer it had accused of selling weapons that were destined for Libyan rebels.

Lawyers for the Justice Department on Monday filed a motion in federal court in Phoenix to drop the case against the arms dealer, an American named Marc Turi, whose lawyers also signed the motion.

The deal averts a trial that threatened to cast additional scrutiny on Hillary Clinton’s private emails as Secretary of State, and to expose reported Central Intelligence Agency attempts to arm rebels fighting Libyan leader Moammar Qadhafi.

Government lawyers were facing a Wednesday deadline to produce documents to Turi’s legal team, and the trial was officially set to begin on Election Day, although it likely would have been delayed by protracted disputes about classified information in the case.

A Turi associate asserted that the government dropped the case because the proceedings could have embarrassed Clinton and President Barack Obama by calling attention to the reported role of their administration in supplying weapons that fell into the hands of Islamic extremist militants.

“They don’t want this stuff to come out because it will look really bad for Obama and Clinton just before the election,” said the associate.

In the dismissal motion, prosecutors say “discovery rulings” from U.S. District Court Judge David Campbell contributed to the decision to drop the case. The joint motion asks the judge to accept a confidential agreement to resolve the case through a civil settlement between the State Department and the arms broker.

“Our position from the outset has been that this case never should have been brought and we’re glad it’s over,” said Jean-Jacques Cabou, a Perkins Coie partner serving as court-appointed defense counsel in the case. “Mr Turi didn’t break the law….We’re very glad the charges are being dismissed.”

Under the deal, Turi admits no guilt in the transactions he participated in, but he agreed to refrain from U.S.-regulated arms dealing for four years. A $200,000 civil penalty will be waived if Turi abides by the agreement.

“Mr. Turi cooperated with the Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls in its review and proposed administrative settlement of the alleged violations,” said the official, who asked not be named. “Based on a compliance review, DDTC alleged that Mr. Turi…engaged in brokering activities for the proposed transfer of defense articles to Libya, a proscribed destination under [arms trade regulations,] despite the Department’s denial of…requests for the required prior approval of such activities.”

Turi adviser Robert Stryk of the government relations and consulting firm SPG accused the government of trying to scapegoat Turi to cover up Clinton’s mishandling of Libya.

“The U.S. government spent millions of dollars, went all over the world to bankrupt him, and destroyed his life — all to protect Hillary Clinton’s crimes,” he said, alluding to the deadly Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

So you have moved onto the next step in the grieving process? Acceptance.

You accept that she will be your next President.

Good for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Is it media that you believe?
Or is it fringe whackos that you discount because they dont say exactly what the mainstream media is saying?

Well I mostly get my information from the mainstream media, but the right in RSP doesn't seem to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
Well I mostly get my information from the mainstream media, but the right in RSP doesn't seem to.

Because the "mainstream media" is a joke. (And really nothing more than a propaganda arm of the Democratic Party anyway.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
DavidDearlove wrote:

Because the "mainstream media" is a joke. (And really nothing more than a propaganda arm of the Democratic Party anyway.)

Uk mainstream media. The BBC, channel 4 news, The Guardian and the Telegraph for the opposite view to the Guardian (And the theatre reviews as the Guardian's are crap)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Wow, for being in Hillary's control, the AP and New York Times and Washington Post and LA Times and the rest of them sure as hell spend a lot of time hyperventilating over non-scandals like the Clinton Foundation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Wow, for being in Hillary's control, the AP and New York Times and Washington Post and LA Times and the rest of them sure as hell spend a lot of time hyperventilating over non-scandals like the Clinton Foundation.

Where did you hear that these are non-scandals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Dangerous
mb
Drew1365 wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

Where did you hear that they were?

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidDearlove wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Re read the post I didn't even mention the media. The media wants interviews so they'll toady until there's blood in the water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
There either will be blackmail or there wont 50/50...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Quote:

So, let's see, the defendant in a criminal trial makes a deal in which he agrees to give up his livelihood for 4 years or he will forfeit $200,000 and someone on his side of the fence alleges this deal was struck to avoid "embarrassing" Obama/Clinton. Of course the government couldn't possibly have had any interest in protecting CIA sources and methods, right?

Is this truly the rigor with which you typically approach information?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: We don't need to wait until she's president for the *blackmailgram* to start . . not Landshark.
Was that "heavily redacted" then?

HILLARY!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Was that "heavily redacted" then?

HILLARY!"

Pretty sure it's supposed to be

Benghazi
Benghazi
Benghazi
Benghazi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulesjd wrote:

Is this truly the rigor with which you typically approach information?

No this is the full scientific method compared to what he normally makes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
wifwendell wrote:

By definition they have to be since those media organizations are in her pocket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
TheDashi wrote:
Will things change if she becomes president?
In that she doesnt really give a shit what people are saying since she already has achieved the ultimate goal?

Or maybe she will just drone these people. That means kill in liberal speak.

Nah, she'd probably just pardon herself.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.