Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
timothy thomsen
United States
manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curios, are there any monster types that you would enjoy seeing in Descent that have NOT been released yet?

Personally, I would love to see Descent's take on a Gelatinous Cube. Also, would love to see a Purple Worm (one of my favorites from D&D)

Is there a Descent version of a Beholder?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Hebert
Canada
Granby
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This of course
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
Voodoo257 wrote:
This of course

^_^

Check out this: http://descent2e.wikia.com/wiki/Mimic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
Voodoo257 wrote:
This of course

Already a trap. I've used this reaper mini for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Hebert
Canada
Granby
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But useless when playing with the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Void Null
msg tools
Voodoo257 wrote:
But useless when playing with the app.

I think we should remove everything from Descent that doesn't work with the app. Burn the overlord cards, shred the search deck. Kill all the campaigns. The App is the only thing anyone should be allowed to play. People playing this game as originally intended make me sick. Overlord? More like Overloser.

/rollseyes

Honestly, I'm pretty good on the monster mini front. I would prefer a hero pack that adds the missing 1e heroes so we can possibly see some more non-recycled content in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a bit of aggressive foliage

mushroom creatures
vine creatures
twig blights

a few Good creatures :-

angels
unicorns

maybe they act like allies or currently have a misunderstanding

Cyclops

Water weird elemental,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Void Null
msg tools
Bucho22 wrote:
Voodoo257 wrote:
This of course

Already a trap. I've used this reaper mini for it

Beautiful! They call it a Mockingbeast but it's very much a mimic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaj Thomsen
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
Fimirs would be a great homage ... Maybe gargoyles that could turn to stone/become invincible as an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More monsters that benefit from special terrain might be neat. Like a kraken or something that's stronger if part of its base is on water, or that gains Stealth if it's in a pit. The fire imps are the only monster I can think of that does this already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
thom1414 wrote:

Personally, I would love to see Descent's take on a Gelatinous Cube.

I don't know I haven't seen FFG do transparent minis. What I'd like to see is some of the minis they already have come over to descent. I mean why did we get butt head on the left instead of banshee on the right WHY WHY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Pede
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thom1414 wrote:
Just curios, are there any monster types that you would enjoy seeing in Descent that have NOT been released yet?

Personally, I would love to see Descent's take on a Gelatinous Cube. Also, would love to see a Purple Worm (one of my favorites from D&D)

Someone in this or FFG forum mentioned werewolves. I'd like to see oversized scarab beetles or a sphinx. Sand tiles and ice tiles too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Void Null
msg tools
InfinityBlack14 wrote:
thom1414 wrote:

Someone in this or FFG forum mentioned werewolves. I'd like to see oversized scarab beetles or a sphinx. Sand tiles and ice tiles too.

The sphynx takes up 2x3 tiles and can be used to block a hallway. It uses 2 black dice for defense, has 30 HP but it cannot attack or move normally. Instead a hero must make a knowledge check against the sphynx's riddle ability. For every correct answer the sphynx takes 10 unblockable damage. For every failed check the player suffers from one of the sphynxes abilities. The sphynx cannot be used as a reinforcement.

Players can choose to chip away it it, thus buying the OL times or answer the riddles to defeat it.

Something like that could be neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
InfinityBlack14 wrote:

Sand tiles and ice tiles too.

It's still possible to get the Tomb of Ice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, one more thing: I'd like to see an Uthuk-centered expansion. We've seen tons of undead and plenty of demons but no bone-spur-festooned human-demon hybrids. They even have two easy sets of three to work with if they wanted to go the two small-box route. For instance:

5 Berserkers
4 Flesh Rippers (1x2)
2 Obscenes (2x2)

3 Warlocks
4 Blood Sisters
2 Chaos Lords (2x3)

That would probably take care of a sand setting as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Void Null
msg tools
Bucho22 wrote:
InfinityBlack14 wrote:

Sand tiles and ice tiles too.

It's still possible to get the Tomb of Ice.

I would love an ice or desert expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Beighel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've always thought the Huntsmen of Annuvin were interesting foes. In tabletop games I've used a few varieties, but the idea is that as you kill of individuals in the group the remainder get stronger. So the players quickly learn to coordinate kills to minimize how powerful the last ones alive get.

I could also go with the foliage idea, but as a supporting thing. Let's say the mushrooms are pumping out spores that boost monsters in range. Heroes then have to slip past boosted forces to cut down the mushroom, or hack through stronger than usual brutes and ignore the mushroom. Either way it should add a new decision to make.

Ophiocordyceps would make for some fun times in combat. Those are the fungi that mind control ants. Perhaps it could be used to turn a monster or player into a mindless destroyer. Let's say an action to aim and trigger the fungal release, whatever it hits moves adjacent to and attacks the nearest target be it friend or foe. This could be something overlord or players could potentially make use of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skouic
France
flag msg tools
I would like to have more classic mini like goblin melee warrior (to complete with archer and sorcery), orc and serpentmen (like shadow of brimstone).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Burigo
Italy
Belluno
flag msg tools
designer
“Don't try the paranormal until you know what's normal.” - Granny Weatherwax
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see more Cold, Hot, Mountain and Water monsters (the least represented monster traits).

So, I'd suggest:
- Living Spells - Cold & Hot.
- Orrukasi (Terrinoth equivalent of the yetis) - Cold & Mountain.
- Dire Polar Bears - Cold & Water.
- Phoenixes - Hot & Mountain.
- Giant Scorpions - Hot & Water
- Naiads - Mountain & Water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Russell
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would like an ice themed expansion too with some suitable new monsters to make a themed dungeon. we have wendigos that would fit in and the ice wyrm . a couple more groups and some icy cave tiles with a short campaign - lovely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
It just occurred to me this game really needs some Bulette.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
crusaderlord wrote:
i would like an ice themed expansion too with some suitable new monsters to make a themed dungeon. we have wendigos that would fit in and the ice wyrm . a couple more groups and some icy cave tiles with a short campaign - lovely.

Last time it was ice wyrms, wendigos, lava beetles, medusae and shades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
Skouic wrote:
I would like to have more classic mini like goblin melee warrior (to complete with archer and sorcery), orc and serpentmen (like shadow of brimstone).

As long as it's not a stack of goblins like they did with kobolds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Babel
United States
Guymon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'd like to see a goblin themed expansion with something like

Goblin Commandos- 2 masters 4 minions. Their figure would be a be a goblin wearing a lot of glass vials and holding one smoking fizzing vial in each hand. Also a lot of twigs and brush on their head and a cloak made of a bush. They'd be melee only. They'd have something like a brown die for defense, 5 movement, and minions would have 3 health and master 5 health. And like blue red yellow for their attack die

Minions and masters have
-Stealthy
-1 surge: damage x
-2 surges: attack gains the ability to apply a status effect of your choice.
-Kaboom: perform an attack with blast targeting the square the goblin commando occupies, treat any X results as one surge instead, the goblin commando is immediately defeated.

Masters have
Call for backup: Roll one blue die, then place a goblin commando minion within x range of the master with x being the distance that was rolled on the die. If a miss result was rolled then the action fails and no commando is spawned. Goblins spawned this way may not attack this round.

Goblin Engineers- These would have one master and 3 minions.4 health for minions, 6 for master. The model would be 2 squares wide and one square long. It would be 2 goblins on top of each other's shoulders behind a mantlet (those old large siege shields on wheels with a slit that you could fire through) The bottom goblin pushing the mantlet and the top goblin with a cross bow sticking through the slit. They'd have blue yellow as their attack die and a black die as their defense.

Minions and masters have

-1 surge pierce x
-1 surge damage x
-Murder hole: This unit blocks line of sight for enemy units but not friendly units.
-Clumsy: if a melee attack is performed against this unit replace its black die with a brown die.

Master has
-Pinned: on surge if at least one damage was dealt to a hero immobilize them.

Goblin Warrior- 2 masters 3 minions. Minions have 4 health masters have 6. The model would be like the goblin archers except with comically over sized metal helmets, a dagger used like a sword, and a beaten up shield. minions would have grey die, masters would have grey brown. And then probably red blue attack die.

Minions and masters have

-1 surge damage x
-scamper
-backstab: if a goblin warrior makes an attack immediately after scampering through a hero the attack gains pierce x

Masters only

Ankle biter- On surge after making a successful attack place the targeted hero's token on this minion, only one hero token may be on this minion at a time. While this token is on the monster, that hero may no longer make attacks against this unit, when a hero moves the goblin warrior is removed from the map and at the end of a hero's movement must be placed adjacent to the hero. If the goblin warrior cannot be placed adjacent to the hero he is placed in the closest space and the hero suffers 3 damage. Remove the hero token if the goblin warrior performs a move action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.