The Prodigals Club» Forums » Rules

Subject: Election Competition 4th Card Slot (Far right) in Final Round rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dawn and Chris
msg tools
mb
We are confused by this slot.

No card is added at the start of the final round. So it appears that going there earns a single down vote plus the tile. However the iconography also includes a megaphone. What is the point of that? With no Hyde Park in round 5 there is no need to have megaphones.

What are we missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No Hyde Park in round 5? Why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dawnandchris11 wrote:
What are we missing?

In case it's not clear from Paul's response... what you're missing is that Hyde Park does happen in round 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn and Chris
msg tools
mb
Well based on your question, we likely have something wrong. We were only having Hyde Park in rounds 2,3 & 4. If it happens in every round that explains the value of the megaphone.

However that creates questions about what the rewards are in all rounds. What table is used in each round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dawnandchris11 wrote:
However that creates questions about what the rewards are in all rounds. What table is used in each round?

You line up the election board with the triangle, so that hyde park is next to the round tracker.

The lines on hyde park divide it up into sections, and you use the appropriate section, based on the round number.

Section 1: Round 1
Section 2: Rounds 2-3
Section 3: Rounds 4-5

I think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
dawnandchris11 wrote:

You line up the election board with the triangle, so that hyde park is next to the round tracker.

The lines on hyde park divide it up into sections, and you use the appropriate section, based on the round number.

Section 1: Round 1
Section 2: Rounds 2-3
Section 3: Rounds 4-5

I think

This is correct.

OP: I was also confused by this at first -- I wasn't sure when the Hyde Park competition occurred. If I hadn't noticed that the lines lined up across the 2 boards, I also would've assumed Hyde Park only occurred after rounds 2, 3, and 4.

Edit: A picture for illustrative purposes. Notice the lines between rounds 1 and 2, and the line between rounds 3 and 4. And notice how those lines match up with the lines on the election board which states how many votes one gains/loses for the Hyde Park competition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawn and Chris
msg tools
mb
Wow!

Thanks for the clarification. It all makes perfect sense.

We were taught incorrectly at a demo at Origins this year. It was expressly explained that Hyde Park only occurred in 2,3 & 4. It made sense at the time and based on the appearance of the board.

Shame on us for not reviewing the rules more carefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, the rules explicitly says Hyde Park happens at the end of EVERY round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.