ElemenZ» Forums » Reviews

Subject: My thoughts on this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Divers
United Kingdom
Falkirk
flag msg tools
Had a chance to play a review copy of this game.
Fantastic push-your-luck dice game with a Yahtzee/King of Tokyo re-roll mechanic which works really well.
The artwork is beautiful and the dice are very cool.
This is actually 2 games in one box!
There is a 2 player variant where you are both using your powers to trying to power up the monolith, thus becoming the most powerful shaman.
This version has different combos to the 3-4 player game but still works well.

The main game however (for 3-4 players) is super fun.
In this version you are trying to eliminate all other players to become the "Master Z" using combos to weaken the other player's defences and whittle away at their dice pool (which is fantastic fun)
I played this variant with my wife and with my 2 young sons who both loved the game and my eldest son (6yo) found the rules easy enough to understand.
Both of them loved the idea of being a powerful shaman with magic powers and attacking each other, although it was always attack Daddy first!
My youngest son (4yo) won both first games (with some help from Mum) but although he didn't know what the different combos meant, he still had a great time and really enjoyed being involved......fantastic game for families!

All in all I would definitely recommend this game to families and I look forward to the Kickstarter which should be starting soon.
This game will certainly be added to my ever growing collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.