$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Evolution» Forums » Rules

Subject: Full Scavenger got killed, what happened to the food in it's belly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Winter
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Hey, I couldn't find this question asked or answered, so here goes:

On Evolution: The Beginning...

If a scavenger retains the food it eats until the end of your next turn, what happens if another carnivore eats it while it already has food on it? Does the food go back to the excess pile or does the carnivore get 3 food for this single attack or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not familiar with specific differences between E:tB and Evolution, but in Evolution when this scenario occurs, the owner of the now deceased Scavenger puts the excess food into their food bag. You still get credit for having eaten/claimed that limited resource!

Points!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
the eaten food goes into your bag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Winter
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Aww, I was hoping the carnivore would get it in this case just for more of a realism kind of thing, but I do like that it's a blanket concept that if something dies while it has food, the owner of the species collects the food.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post questions about Evolution: The Beginning in the correct forum. It's confusing otherwise because these are both stand-alone games and are not compatible. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
puts the excess food into their food bag

BTW, we call it the poop bag, not the food bag since, well, that's what it technically is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I call it the Stomach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.