8 Posts

Twin Peaks» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Turn" and "Phase" in relation to disorder rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Stedt
Sweden
flag msg tools
I'm wondering whether a unit in disorder need to be inactive an entire turn (i.e. 14:00hrs 14:45 hrs etc) to rally. The rules mention that a unit need to not do anything for the entire phase but is that equivalent to an AM-chit?
Thanks / Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe your referring to 13.45, When entire brigade neither moves, fires or shocks, it may recover from disorder and/or reduce fatigue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stedt
Sweden
flag msg tools
Yes but is that for all AM's for that brigade an entire turn, or is it just the one AM? What I mean is, is a "phase" equivalent to an AM action or an entire turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Theduckhound wrote:
Yes but is that for all AM's for that brigade an entire turn, or is it just the one AM? What I mean is, is a "phase" equivalent to an AM action or an entire turn?
Entire Turn, A phase is one players turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Laubach
United States
Rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theduckhound wrote:
I'm wondering whether a unit in disorder need to be inactive an entire turn (i.e. 14:00hrs 14:45 hrs etc) to rally. The rules mention that a unit need to not do anything for the entire phase but is that equivalent to an AM-chit?
Thanks / Mark

A unit may attempt to rally with a die roll during any activation in which it has done nothing else (13.41). There is a chance that the unit will fail to rally and it might incur further losses. If the brigade is placed in Reserve for the entire turn (6.35) or does not engage in movement, fire, or shock for the entire turn (13.45) then at the end of that turn all disordered units in the brigade rally automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stedt
Sweden
flag msg tools
Ok. So when having a disordered unit I have two choices:

1. Leave the unit(s) be for an entire turn while bing in reserve. You put a brigade/corp in reserve at the end of a turn.
2. I might chose to, when drawing an AM for the unit(s), roll a die for rally. If success the unit(s) may not do any action listed for that AM, but if drawing more afterwards AM's that same turn, the unit may engage in any action.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Laubach
United States
Rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a third choice: if all of the units of a brigade do not move, fire, or shock for an entire turn then every disordered unit in the brigade automatically rallies (13.45). The brigade does not have to be in Reserve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stedt
Sweden
flag msg tools
Great! Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.