40.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Imperial Action cards (Planetary Civil War, Plague Cure Withheld!) randomly remove multiple units from a planet. Is there a recommended process for determining which units get removed?

I see two problems:
1. The figure sculpts are unique, so a blind draw of figures wouldn't be truly blind (you could feel the difference between sculpts).
2. If cubes were used in place of figures, and a player has multiple types of figures on the planet, how to determine which of that player's figures is removed if their cube is drawn from the bag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Dexposure.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an idea, put all the units from the planet in a bag, raise the bag 12 inches from the board, dump the bag of units on the planet, what ever lands in the planet circle stays, all other units that fall outside the planet are removed.

the action cards seems vague, but I would think it is up to the person that won the action card to decide which units to remove.
Other than that, the cubes idea sounds good, 1 cube per unit remove the lowest ranking unit of that color first.

Quote:
Plague Cure Withheld!
A horrible disease devastates a planet. Select a planet and randomly eliminate five units (including Sentinels). Surviving units are returned to the planet.
Planetary Civil War
A civil war erupts! Select one planet and randomly remove half (rounded down)of all units on that planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the tried and try method: buy a die (e.g. D10) to determine random outcomes (simply assign a number to each planet or unit and re-roll any unassigned numbers)

[I was planning to provide dice to each planner to track their Military Science Level anyway (less error prone to separately track the base MSL than only adding and removing temporary cubes as you go).]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.