6 Posts

Arboretum» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Quach
msg tools
Hi,

Maybe I am repeating a post but I will ask anyway.

Scoring is:

A)1 point per card.
B)One point per card if the path has at least 4 cards of the same color in it)
C)1 point if the path starts with a 1
D)2 points if the path ends with an 8

B) so a path of Green Green Green Green Orange Orange assuming the there is no 1 in there or 8. Would this path if scored equal to 10 points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No. B is incorrect; you only score an additional point per card (two in total per card) if the path length is at least four and the ENTIRE path is the same colour.

Also, in your example the end card is not the same colour as the start card, which is not allowed. All paths must start and end with the same colour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the example could score 10 points. But it is two paths not one
GGGG scores 8.
OO scores 2 (minimum path length!)
But you would need scoring rights for both colours.

I think of point B as corrected by Chris as "double the base score for any path that is all one colour and at least four trees long"
By base score I mean before bonuses for 1 and 8 are applied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Quach
msg tools
Alright so bad example.

So if its Say

1G 3G 4G 5Y 8G

Would this be one point per card then another point per card cause of the 4 minimum green and one point for the 1 and two points for the 8 asumming i have scoring rights?

so 13?

The Rulebook said 4 minimum and it said nothing about having to be next to each other just minimum of 4 of the same thing that are the same color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
MagicCoffee2284 wrote:
Alright so bad example.

So if its Say

1G 3G 4G 5Y 8G

Would this be one point per card then another point per card cause of the 4 minimum green and one point for the 1 and two points for the 8 asumming i have scoring rights?

so 13?

The Rulebook said 4 minimum and it said nothing about having to be next to each other just minimum of 4 of the same thing that are the same color.

Quote from the rulebook:

Quote:
Score 1 additional point for each card in the path if it is made up of at least 4 cards and they are all the same color.

Your path is not made up of all the same color. Therefore, you do not get the bonus for that.

Your path is five cards long (5 points), starts with a one (1 additional point), and ends with an eight (2 additional points). 8 points in total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Quach
msg tools
I see. thats a real challenge. Thanks everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.