Subject: Why is Sushi Go Party out of stock nearly everywhere? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anna F.
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone have a clue what is up with Sushi Go Party? It seems like it is out of stock on most sites or listed for ridiculous prices. Is it sold out or out of print?

Hopefully it is because they are making improvements to it since the game seemed to have quality issues based on the reviews. If it is out of print forever I will be sad and cry into my sushi platter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameWright is not prone to letting a fairly new popular game go out of print. I'm sure it is due to the fact they are just not yet caught up with demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
probably just the lull between the first print and standard planned runs. I believe its common for that first run to be on the small size just to gauge interest safely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players ahead of you drafted them all.

Pete (will be here all week, folks)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Did someone say in between prints?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is that people are finding out it's amazing and buying up all the copies. You were Just late to the party(haha, pun totally intended).

Seriously though, there is no reason to think this game is going out of print. Sales are good, gamewright looks stable and there aren't any pending legal issues to bog it down. Unless you are buying a birthday present, you can probably wait a couple months. I'm sure they'll want this on shelves in december.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering the same thing. I assumed it was a supply/demand issue that will be corrected soon, hopefully that's the case!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brogdon
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Considering that it's Gamewright, it should be available again fairly soon. If it were Z-Man then your only recourse would be to make sacrifices to as many deities as you could think of. Then you might find it in a year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Roos
United States
Guilderland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamewright is still selling copies directly, but with shipping and a promo code it will still run you $25 inatead of $15ish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zuzana S
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering the same thing! A couple months ago it wasn't available anywhere in Europe and now it is out of stock already and all I can find is being sold for crazy prices. I hope they will release more copies at some point soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmb
Let's hope they correct the card quality going forward, if it's as bad as everyone seems to say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Ercolini
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found it at Barnes & Noble today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ciuppa

Georgia
msg tools
thereelaristotle wrote:
Gamewright is still selling copies directly, but with shipping and a promo code it will still run you $25 inatead of $15ish.

Thanks for that I just got my copy direct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What promo code?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.