Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a question, but apparently in the wrong place. I guess I picked the wrong group---I shoulda put it here in rules, but it went to review. But I learned something and I don't like it. I realize that there are REAL people behind those letters BGG, and turns out some of them are friends of mine. But, from the response to my search for knowledge on this game, one might not be able to tell it. 40% & 70% irrelevant and poor structure indeed. So, I'll just put my question here and HOPE for some of the nice people who have been quick to help in the past. I am having difficulty just finding the force pools of the countries--the units that start on the board. In the olden days of 3R there was a card where you kept up with BRPs and all your units on a card hardly larger than a post card. The rules tell me I should use the Naval Building (or something like that) sheet to keep up with my allowable builds and such. I have separated those, along with EVERY other form that has Historical Global Scenario at the top...and there are a LOT of forms. Now, as I try to deploy the British, I fing that the "chart" says they get 25 naval transports. But not in the rule book--there it says Britain starts with 40, and it even tells where these transports must go (X number in Atlantic, Y number in Pacific theater...). Not to mention, I am just guessing that these transports are in the UK/US bag, because I found none in the UK khaki color. I chose this scenario in hopes of keeping it simple(r). I don't want to worry with diplomacy and research--just give me the paratroopers in whatever month and year they became available, and the same for the newer additions to the list of weapons and such. But it's hard to just "grab the dice and play" (quote from last page of rules) when you can't even find a list of units to start the Fall 39 scenario with. I'm trying not to get too frustrated with this game, but geez, there's gotta be a simpler way to keep up with the +3 UK starts with for one weapon type, and 2 other modifiers I don't recall, but I know there wasn't a place to record it on the forms I have. Besides--if I'm playing the scenario where each side just gets what historically became available WHEN it became available, why would I need that information anyway? What am I doing wrong? Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would really help if you broke up the question a little...

Re: Transports, they are SW units used by both the US and Britain, hence the dual colour.

20.631 INITIAL LEVELS: The initial number of transports are:
A. ATLANTIC: 15 Western Allied transports.
B. INDIAN OCEAN: 5 Western Allied transports.
C. PACIFIC: 10 Western Allied transports.
D. AT LARGE: 5 Western Allied transports, to be initially allocated to the Atlantic or Indian Oceans as desired.
E. UNBUILT: 5 Western Allied transports.
F. PACIFIC (JAPAN): 20 Japanese transports.

For the sake of convenience, all Western Allied transports are listed on the British force record sheets.

From http://www.aworldatwar.org/Rules/Source/RecordSheets/RS15-Hi...:

Britain starts with 25 (15 Atlantic, 5 Indian, 5 At Large), with 5 more to build from Fall.
US starts with 10 (the Pacific ones).

The links here http://www.aworldatwar.org/Rules/Source/RecordSheets/RS16-Hi... give what research results appear when.

HTH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Will. I know my question used a scattergun approach, but I was feeling pretty scattered when I wrote it. These rules, painstakingly written though they may be, left out lots of abbreviations and didn't cross-reference nearly as much as it could have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.