13 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Where to Purchase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik M
msg tools
Hello all,

So I've been watching and reading a lot of reviews about Scythe and was wanting to pick up a copy. I think I saw on their website that they will start retailing the game on October 20th. Is only the Kickstarter version available currently? Also, to those of you that have the game, is it worth the money? Thanks for reading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on your personal taste in games, but I'd say absolutely worth the money, at least for me - When I recently compiled my Top 25 it was in at #2.

We'll see if it holds on there or not over the coming years, I compile that annually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nik: The retail version of Scythe (full specs here: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/) is the only version we make now. Retailers will have the reprint in 2 weeks. Over the next few months we'll release various promos, expansions, and reprints of the special accessories in the Kickstarter versions for people to add on if they want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik M
msg tools
Sounds good! Thank you so much Jamey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean stockton
msg tools
mb
I'm under some crazy demand to keep bringing mine in for demo's, since my local shop can't manage to get their hands on one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Carlson
United States
Cloquet
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I pre-ordered a copy from Boardlandia.com for $60 and they have a 10% off code as well: "Hamilton" (which basically cancels out the shipping cost). I just missed out on their October delivery but should get mine late November. Excited to unveil for Christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik M
msg tools
Wow, I did not know this site existed! Thank you so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Brandt
United States
Manchester
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Nik: The retail version of Scythe (full specs here: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/) is the only version we make now. Retailers will have the reprint in 2 weeks. Over the next few months we'll release various promos, expansions, and reprints of the special accessories in the Kickstarter versions for people to add on if they want.

Jamey, what is your gut feel of the availability of Scythe this print run if I didn't preorder from someone in advance? I just got back into the hobby recently and missed preordering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Don: It's hard to tell. I know that the two upcoming print runs of Scythe are sold out to distributors, and I'm guessing those games have all been reserved by retailers, but on the consumer level I really don't know. I'd recommend reaching out to your local store to see if they're getting copies and if they can hold one for you.

Also, welcome back to the hobby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
I managed to get the Art edition 2 weeks ago. Haven't opened yet. Paid the KS price, so I guess I am lucky. Have to try out a copy of the game at a friend's or somewhere before deciding if I want to keep it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered it at my FLGS last month and after calling them today to see if their distributor gave them any new info I'm not holding my breath. Sucks to be stuck in the bad place of having preorder and still not even really knowing you are getting it in the new print run. They have it ordered through two separate warehouses and both are listing it as a dec 31 release date which is just the longest placeholder they can have in their system so it doesn't sound good. Sigh I'll get this eventually which is the silver lining but damn it's so hard to wait on this title lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean: Thanks for your patience. We have 3 waves of reprints arriving this week, a month from now, and then in early December, so I think there's a very good chance you'll get a copy from one of those waves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a call from my FLGS letting me know my preorder was in. Hope all of you have the same luck this week. Can't drive there quick enough to get this little beauty in my hands. Looking forward to the kids going to bed tonight to get some solo plays in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.