25.3% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw that there is a new board game being created and funded on Kickstarter, created from the endless imagination and creativity of the Portland-based band, the Decemberists, and a well-known game designer.

Whether or not the game is any good, I see this colaboration between one of my favorite bands, their album artist and a proven game designer, (Keith Baker - Gloom, etc) as a wonderful thing and will gladly add this game to my collection.

The art and flair of the Decemberists will make this game a unique item to add to the shelf! If you're a Decemberists fan and a game fan, its a win-win!

The game is not (yet) in the BGG database, but you can check it out here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/twogetherstudios/illima...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Need More Coffee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of the aesthetic, and of those tarot-esque corner cards in particular. I've also been a big fan of the Eberron campaign setting so seeing Keith Baker's attachment perks my ears up. This could be a really interesting entry into the game world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Boyle
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Proud Balmain Board Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much how I felt when I saw it too.

The promo video shows them playing Pandemic (well holding the box) between sound check and performance. Way to prepare for performing the Calamity Song.

Game is an instant back for me, although having seen the video, I worry a little about the level of luck chaos in the game particularly at high player counts. But with Colin's better half responsible for the artwork/design - the game sure as anything looks great.

There are also more than a few nods to the Decembrists work in both the cards ("The Rake", "The Queen of the Night") and other game components (e.g. hazard tokens).

Plenty in there to keep Decemberists fans happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed. One of the best bands to emerge in the last 15 years, IMHO, and I love the aesthetic, so a no-brainer for me, even if the game is lackluster. Of course, it will be great, and when this is a rollicking success, I will expect them to make a co-operative "experience" game based on "The Hazards of Love" next...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben T

North Carolina
msg tools
They're a great band, but I'm not sold on this kickstarter. The game itself seems pretty good, though fairly light, but $50 ($5 shipping to US) for what is, essentially, 8 tokens, a cloth, and 65 cards? That just seems like a whole lot of money for not a whole lot of game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, this definitely looks like a game where you're buying it just as much for the pretty components as you are for the actual game, which kind of makes sense given how it was created. I think it's a game that I'd love to have around even just for its aesthetics, much in the way that you might have a fancy chess set or crokinole board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.