$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Terra» Forums » Variants

Subject: A variant to have cooperative play turn into every man for himself. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking at flipping the way the scoring works, to have it so players work together, unless it looks like things will fail cooperatively, then it is every man for himself. I had been kicking around a Zombie economic game, where players work together in a commune, but then if everything breaks wrong, and the cooperative play fails, then it is every man for himself.

I need to playtest this, but here is the idea:

If the players manage to work together and the game ends in crisis, then the player who hoarded the most cards (count points) loses, and all other players win. If you want to add more clarity as to a winner of winners (I prefer this not be the case), then have it so that the player on the score track with the most points wins.

If the game ends due to too many crisis cards breaking out, and the cooperative play fails, then the player who banks the most cards would win the game, and the scoring track doesn't count.

The idea here is that you have a cooperative game that challenges players to read things breaking lose and then adjust accordingly. This will need to be playtested, but it is something I am kicking around trying. Terra seems to be a good game for this. If it goes well, then I can look to do my Zombie economic game sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.