$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 66.14

4,648 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
29.3% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Machine scoring? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Sanmiguel
United States
Brookhaven
Georgia
flag msg tools
In the rule book it says the player who enables scoring gains 1VP for each region they control. The machine card says they gain 1VP for every unit on the board. Do they get both ways to score points when they enable?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes. Why would they not?

The reason to play the enable scoring card is to get the territory points, the crystal points, and the bonus that your faction is working towards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
msg tools
mbmb
Wait, what? What are we talking about? What machine card scores for every unit on the board? Oh god, is there some rule or something I've totally overlooked?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Darric wrote:
Wait, what? What are we talking about? What machine card scores for every unit on the board? Oh god, is there some rule or something I've totally overlooked?


If you look at the the enable scoring card for each faction, they say enable scoring and get additional points based on something.

Machines get points for units, Pilgrims get points for the crystal they are hording. I forget what the Humans and Trogs get. I think they are some variants of territory controlled.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
msg tools
mbmb
XShrike wrote:
Darric wrote:
Wait, what? What are we talking about? What machine card scores for every unit on the board? Oh god, is there some rule or something I've totally overlooked?


If you look at the the enable scoring card for each faction, they say enable scoring and get additional points based on something.

Machines get points for units, Pilgrims get points for the crystal they are hording. I forget what the Humans and Trogs get. I think they are some variants of territory controlled.


OH MY GOD
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
msg tools
mbmb
Darric wrote:
XShrike wrote:
Darric wrote:
Wait, what? What are we talking about? What machine card scores for every unit on the board? Oh god, is there some rule or something I've totally overlooked?


If you look at the the enable scoring card for each faction, they say enable scoring and get additional points based on something.

Machines get points for units, Pilgrims get points for the crystal they are hording. I forget what the Humans and Trogs get. I think they are some variants of territory controlled.


OH MY GOD


Wait, no, hang on, I just checked, and all the enable scoring cards say the same thing: Score 1 VP for every (Machine/Pilgrim/Human/Trog) control token on the board.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there has been some misreading I'm affraid. Each faction scores in the same way when scoring has been enabled.

The player that enabled scoring gets one point for each region he or she controls (no matter what faction he/she plays with) and then each player scores 1 point for each crystal in all regions they control (the Trogs in a 4 player game score only half rounded up for crystals).

The Pilgrims have their own pool of crystal which score them points when they activate the right skill card, not during scoring.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I deny that Machines score points based on units.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
msg tools
mbmb
This was all one bizarre communal fever dream.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A very weird read
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Shrike
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry. I mistook which cards he was asking about.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.