Summoner Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Is Summoner Wars done? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems some reviewers are assuming that the second summoners are the last material that will be released for the Summoner Wars line. Has this been officially confirmed by PHG anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, nothing official.

I recall some people musing about a second Alliance set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm almost 100% certain that Colby said it was done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Colby says there are no plans for additional content. It is very likely that SW is a completed work, and an excellent one at that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the BGG Gencon video Colby states that with the release of the last set of second summoners that the game would be complete for now. It's likely it's been stated in other places as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad B
United States
Van Buren
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Deus Ex
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like he may have said that in their podcast, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Thornton
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
I never once heard Colby say it was 100% done, however, he has heavily implied it's done. I think the closest he has said was this "cycle" is done. Which could mean anything. He's very political with his word choice.

My assumptions is that it's safe to say that Summoner Wars is done until the 2nd edition or whatever spiritual successor is going to be.

For a very long time they talk on the podcast about a space theme game that was similar to Summoner Wars but that was forever ago. I would love to see a 2nd edition once I've played my collection out. There are so many things they've learned since Summoner Wars first begin.

It seems like Ashes is Plaid Hat's focus for expandable games until then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.