Subject: 7.2 Tribal Leader Placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Chi
msg tools
mbmb
Re: "Compare the result with the Tribal Leader Placement Numbers for that
Leader's color-coded Region."

What exactly are the "Tribal Leader Placement Numbers?" to be compared against? Is this a table?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Vindolanda
Britannia
flag msg tools
Moby Dick seeks thee not. It is thou, thou, that madly seekest him!
mbmbmbmbmb
They are on the small tags attached to tribal boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sullafelix wrote:
They are on the small tags attached to tribal boxes.

Yep. For example, the Leader in Wales is placed in the Demetae box on a "1", the Ordovices on a "2", the Silures on a "3", and the Deceangeli on a "4+". The odds are slanted in favor of the Leader popping up among the Deceangeli, as they were kind of instigating. Similarly, Calgacus is most likely to appear among the Caledonii.

In an early version of the design, the Leaders were tied to a specific box only, and so while they still had the same effect in their Region, you always knew where they were going to show up, and as a result, it was pretty easy to avoid an ambush, or even to prevent the Leader from being placed at all. Ambushes are still rare in the current system, and they should be rare, but the die roll placement at least entertains the possibility and eliminates "gaminess".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Chi
msg tools
mbmb
I like the design behind leader placement. I hate gaminess. And your solution ups the replay value.

Perhaps adding a graphic in the rulebook of the number by the box would promote clarity. Same for a Roman camp. Graphics aid my learning and understanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.