Hide
3 Posts

The Great Dinosaur Rush» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple quick rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Auen
msg tools
I have been familiarizing myself with the rule book before I bring it to the game table, and had a few quick questions.

1) Setup:
"Only place bones on spaces in the outer game board rows when playing 4- or 5-player games."
I assume the setup is referring to the top row and the bottom row, the 2 rows flanked by the 4+ and 5+ meeple spaces. Is that the correct assumption?

2) Build phase:
"Players build dinosaurs using bones in their pile, along with bones collected during previous rounds."
"All of the bones in a player's possession must be used when building a dinosaur. None may be left over when the dinosaur is complete."
"Dinosaur bones are discarded after scoring."
If all bones must be used and then discarded each round, how could the player have bones that were collected during previous rounds?

3) Dinosaur Bonus Cards:
Are Dinosaur Bonus Cards discarded after being revealed and scored, or are those cards retained to be used again during later rounds?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

1) you are correct

2) The dinosaur BONUS cards are discarded after scoring, not the bones. The bones stay round to round and accumulate.

3) The bonus cards are discarded after they score.

Enjoy the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Auen
msg tools
Ha! Okay, I totally misread that as discarding the bones.. and even typed it up that way.
Thanks for your quick reply!

I am looking forward to playing this weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.