Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there!

This game is destined for my game group since we like programming (Robo Rally) and coop games (Pandemic, Eldritch Horror). The only problem is that we are almost always 5 or more people around the table!

Does anybody know if there are already plans or announcements about an expansion that allows playing with more than 4 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a similar problem in my group. While it would be nice, we usually just have ppl team up if they have to. Works well for coops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a 1 shot project. I doubt there gonna be expansion.

Just make 2 people from your group by a copy and either play 2 games at sametime or combine both games in a massive map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
There are no plans for any expansion at this time. I'd rather us under-promise and over-deliver here. Until I can firmly commit to anything, it's safest to assume this is the only tabletop game Riot intends to make. Please let that influence your purchase as our primary goal is that the people who buy MvM don't regret their purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why not just make a custom scenario using the thing in the box as the 5th player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
There are no plans for any expansion at this time. I'd rather us under-promise and over-deliver here. Until I can firmly commit to anything, it's safest to assume this is the only tabletop game Riot intends to make. Please let that influence your purchase as our primary goal is that the people who buy MvM don't regret their purchase.

So if this is the only tabletop Riot intends to make I recommend to develop it further!
I bet there are many board gamers out there who arrange game events with more than four players on a regular basis.

Usually I don't buy board games, that don't support 5 or more players, but knowing there's going to be a 5+ player expansion for MvM would make it a must-buy. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
carraway0877 wrote:
Usually I don't buy board games, that don't support 5 or more players, but knowing there's going to be a 5+ player expansion for MvM would make it a must-buy. cool

If you would't buy a game that only supports 4 players I would suggest you heed Kades Warning when he said

Riot Kades wrote:
Until I can firmly commit to anything, it's safest to assume this is the only tabletop game Riot intends to make.

I take that to include expansions.

Riot Kades wrote:
Please let that influence your purchase as our primary goal is that the people who buy MvM don't regret their purchase.

That being said I would hope that if they do an expansion and they are out of stock of the original 30,000 copies of the game they would also consider reprinting the game aswell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
TheBigB00 wrote:

That being said I would hope that if they do an expansion and they are out of stock of the original 30,000 copies of the game they would also consider reprinting the game aswell.

Well, we've already begun looking into how quickly we can get out future waves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.