Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michał Kowalczyk
Poland
Łódź
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi folks!

I just came up with an idea to implement experiance points for armies if they win a battle. For example if army would defeat opponent with at least two armies it would gain experiance marked with mood tokens (because of morale boost) placed along with them. Experiance point would add 1:1 points to result of future battles.

Gained experiance could be vary due to type of defeated opponent, and then:

+1 per 2 infantry miniatures
+2 per 2 elephant/cavalry miniatures (if expansion added)
+1 if capture city with fortress
+1 per 1infantry+1elephant/cavalry miniatures

Additionaly experiance for group of army would decrease by 1 if new unit join group (that might represent a new companion with whom you have to work out a new tactics), also would decrease by 1 if you retreat the battle.

What you think ? In my opinion it could add more depth for military aspects. I'm looking for feedback

BR
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinley Engvalson
United States
West Palm Beach
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Army experience points variant
What does 1:1 mean in your post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Kowalczyk
Poland
Łódź
flag msg tools
mbmb
I meant that 1 exp point results in +1 to combat value for future battles and i think it could be benefit only for first round

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. Would like to hear what other, more experienced players think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generation gap
j41c wrote:
Interesting idea. Would like to hear what other, more experienced players think.
If I wanted to complicate the game in this way I would also deduct experience points according to casualties suffered by surviving armies, but given the apparent time scale of the game I don't think it very appropriate as a mechanism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.