Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep my stuff in the original boxes. (I guess I just have the shelf space.) When I got the update packs, I swapped everything out, with the new inlay. For some reason, I was expecting the inlay to use the extra slots to show both the new an old cards. That clearly made no sense, as there just isn't room. (Intrigue might have been able to do this, since the base cards are now gone.)

So, I want to keep the old cards around, to play with. Where to store them? At this point, I think I'm going to try to track down an unused Dominion box to hold the swapped out cards, along with the promos.

What is everyone else's strategy here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anh Tú Tran
Canada
Laval
QC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually put the outdated cards under the plastic tray, along with the store receipt and the price tag.

I don't like throwing things away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Williams
msg tools
i'm going to remove the base cards, treasure and VP to another set, and then i should have enough room for the old cards and new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
update packs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion: Update Pack
Dominion: Intrigue Update Pack

...because Dominion (Second Edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
boomtron wrote:
So, I want to keep the old cards around, to play with. Where to store them? At this point, I think I'm going to try to track down an unused Dominion box to hold the swapped out cards, along with the promos.

What is everyone else's strategy here?

If you're using the original boxes, then Hinterlands holds 500 cards but has 300, with no mats or tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Doney
msg tools
I have all of my cards stored alphabetically in ultra pro sheets. Holds them all in three boxes, with a fourth for tokens, mats, and base cards. I just rearranged the order of the cards, opening slots for the 14 new cards, plus Sauna/Avanto whenever it becomes available. I haven't received my second edition stuff yet, so the slots are currently empty, but it'll be here soon. The expansion of my storage didn't take long. I only had to add two more sheets. Reordering the cards was the most difficult part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenz Poh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RevanFan wrote:
I have all of my cards stored alphabetically in ultra pro sheets. Holds them all in three boxes, with a fourth for tokens, mats, and base cards. I just rearranged the order of the cards, opening slots for the 14 new cards, plus Sauna/Avanto whenever it becomes available. I haven't received my second edition stuff yet, so the slots are currently empty, but it'll be here soon. The expansion of my storage didn't take long. I only had to add two more sheets. Reordering the cards was the most difficult part.

Exactly what I did. Except, I find it a pain in the ass to shift all the pocketed cards to make space for these new cards to fit in alphabetically.........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Doney
msg tools
weijie_88 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Exactly what I did. Except, I find it a pain in the ass to shift all the pocketed cards to make space for these new cards to fit in alphabetically.........

It only took me an hour or so. Put on some music while I did it. I have every card (and associated cards) listed in an Excel spreadsheet already ordered alphabetically, so the only issue was moving the cards, and that only took an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two cases that fit everything that was originally planned for Dominion (pre-Adventures) with a little room to spare. The cards are sorted alphabetically by expansion, with all extra bits (tokens and mats) in the same case as the cards they tie in with. There's also space for 223 un-sleeved placeholder cards, but not the rulesbooks.
I think I might still fit one or two extra promos in there.

Anyway, yesterday I did some reorganizing and managed to make that extra space large enough for exactly twelve sets of dominion cards.
So I'll keep the old (classic?) cards in one of the cases, but sorted in a separate place.

Hmmm... once I get the new cards I'll have one case of 1398 cards, and one with 1402. Everything sleeved.
So if you own everything from base Dominion to Guilds (including the 2nd ed cards), you'll need exactly 2800 sleeves. That's a nice and even number!

Soon I'll stop covering my eyes and ears and realize that Adventures and Empires have "ruined" everyting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno D
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan to come up with a Dominion: Legacy variant to take "care" of these cards ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Doney
msg tools
Older Nick wrote:
Soon I'll stop covering my eyes and ears and realize that Adventures and Empires have "ruined" everyting...

If you ask me, they ruined storage but made the game way more awesome. Actually, I've felt that way about every expansion since I started my storage solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niclas Matikainen
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RevanFan wrote:
Older Nick wrote:

If you ask me, they ruined storage but made the game way more awesome. Actually, I've felt that way about every expansion since I started my storage solution.

Those two expansions do look amazing. But my precious storing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Stone
Australia
Wavell Heights
Queensland
flag msg tools
the first step in making space would be to get rid of your placeholder cards.
You don't really need them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.