Subject: Behind the green door rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Huh???
      60 answers
Poll created by MABBY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the green glass door?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

/obvious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
I was always kinda disappointed pr0n never went mainstream in Hollywood after that brief 70's golden age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
I worked in a video rental store in the mid 1980s. Some customers would rent ONLY "adult features." What I couldn't understand was how some people could rent 4 - 6 of them one night and then return them the next day. Did they really watch that many in one night? I assume they did a lot of "fast forwarding."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Be kind.
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
I assume they did a lot of "fast forwarding."

I prefer to watch them in "fast rewind"—where everyone wakes to an exhausted mess and then furiously scrubs their bodies together to soak up the sweat and whatnot, rising and making the bed, yanking clothes off the floor and walls like Jedis to get suddenly dressed and stalking backwards out the door energized for a new day.

Don't judge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Howden
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
I believe you have mine...
badge
Bringing you quality product in the face of crushing indifference since 1970.
mbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
I worked in a video rental store in the mid 1980s. Some customers would rent ONLY "adult features." What I couldn't understand was how some people could rent 4 - 6 of them one night and then return them the next day. Did they really watch that many in one night? I assume they did a lot of "fast forwarding."

Quote:
Adult films on in-room pay-per-view television systems are purchased by a whopping 50 percent of their guests, accounting for nearly 70 percent of their in-room profits. One hotel owner said, "We have to have it, our guests demand it."

They also have data on how long people watch the movies they buy in hotel rooms, I remember reading somewhere that the average viewing time of a room-purchased adult feature is eleven and a half minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Galstaff wrote:
joe_salamone wrote:

Quote:
Adult films on in-room pay-per-view television systems are purchased by a whopping 50 percent of their guests, accounting for nearly 70 percent of their in-room profits. One hotel owner said, "We have to have it, our guests demand it."

They also have data on how long people watch the movies they buy in hotel rooms, I remember reading somewhere that the average viewing time of a room-purchased adult feature is eleven and a half minutes.

Some of the customers we had were notorious for renting movies and copying them. One guy would come in with a small tote bag and rent 10 - 20 movies (mainstream, not adult) at a time. He must have had a device that could bypass the Macrovision copy protection that was on a lot of tapes. A few of the adult movie customers were doing this, too. But there were others who would just take them home for marathon viewings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Galstaff wrote:
I remember reading somewhere that the average viewing time of a room-purchased adult feature is eleven and a half minutes.

Poll
Too little time
Too much time
Just about right
      17 answers
Poll created by J.L.Robert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stanley
United States
The Boro
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry, all I knew before googling was "Alive Behind the Green Door"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
For the first time in 108 years, the Cubs are world champions! Incredible game 7 victory over a valiant Cleveland team.
mbmbmbmbmb
And in more innocent times:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Door

Singer Jim Lowe was a long-time DJ on New York's WNEW, an historically important radio station that I used to listen to as a young adult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
surprise What was with the 'animated cartoonish pr0n'? "American POP" = OBSCENE/can not UN?!? cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TonyKR
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
And don't forget to wash the sheets afterwards with some nice wholesome laundry soap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
robot The 'soap' at least were 'pure' as the "driven snow!" TRUTH in 'advertising'. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The irony. I just watched Cannonball Run this morning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Failing upwards... ever faster!
United States
Bridgeton
Missouri
flag msg tools
HiveGod wrote:
joe_salamone wrote:
I assume they did a lot of "fast forwarding."

I prefer to watch them in "fast rewind"—where everyone wakes to an exhausted mess and then furiously scrubs their bodies together to soak up the sweat and whatnot, rising and making the bed, yanking clothes off the floor and walls like Jedis to get suddenly dressed and stalking backwards out the door energized for a new day.

But then all the movies end the same way.

...that delivery guy steals that pizza.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.