Subject: Campaign Game - The Germans and the Initiative Disk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
I've finally found some time to get the game to the table. I'd be interested in hearing some comments from others about when the Germans should seriously consider using the Initiative Disk for the first time (not so much for its actual use in German operations but for the repercussions in handing it over to the Soviets).

BTW...I think that the game is fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Colling
United States
VICTOR
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the German's I held on to it until I was near the gates of Moscow then used it to exploit move towards Mockba , to get troops closer to Moscow before the Soviets could re-act for the win!

Like an Operation Typhoon that accomplished its objectives.

This is one of many permutations of the use of the Initiative Disc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O. C.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think German should keep Initiative Disc until he gets really stuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Geisler

Santa Fe
New Mexico
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only played it solo so far. I used it in November in the last game to move as many fast combat blocks as I could towards Moscow on a Southern approach. I still got bogged down outside of Moscow due to reduced combat effectiveness and unit exhaustion. It would be interesting to hear if anyone had success using it earlier in the game.

A lot depends on the luck of the draw for Luftwaffe air support. The earlier it can be deployed the better your chances given how critical it is for attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
How many Victory areas did the Germans hold at the start of that November offensive?

Were you going for Moscow to ensure that the Soviet LV would be halved for December?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david Gorman
Ireland
flag msg tools
I've only played 2 games of it so far one from each side against the same opponent our feelings on it was later is best for the Germans but neither of us played it early.

I think early play would allow the Soviets to use it to call for more reinforcements and make it almost impossible for the Germans especially given the much more numerous White labeled Russian units HQ issues aren't as big a deal and once Zhukov is drawn even the a mis match of the other fronts can be used as an effective army.

Although might be worth a risk if you get a bad first logistic phase draw the Luftwaffe hqs are very powerfull for the germans.

Interesting game really enjoying it and looking a their other ones as a result
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.