Hide
8 Posts

Allegiance: A Realm Divided» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dreamwheel Assassin rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Yeoh
msg tools
The exhaust ability of this unit instructs us to select 2 units. Can I still use this ability if the enemy only have 1 unit?

----

Edit: Adding card writeup

Exhaust: Select two target units an opponent controls. That opponent chooses one of the targeted units and destroys it. That opponent then chooses two of your hero's abilities. Move the cooldown counter of one of those abilities to its maximum delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

The game is quite literal in this regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Yeoh
msg tools
Thanks Trent, is there anywhere in the rulebook that states this though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what you are asking for.

Cards games of these type always put in the "cards supercede the rulebook".

The cards are extremely clear and well constructed. If the wording was "up to 2 units" then that would be 0-2 units could be selected. This card says two units and thus, there is no flex room.

From reading this board UG has been very active and have answered many questions. They've never contradicted the language on the cards. I know this because I've asked your same question! You can look for their answer in on this board.

So far my experience with this game is: don't read anything more into the card. Do exactly as it says and know that you are doing it right. If the condition cannot be fulfilled, then it cannot trigger.

I have seen about 3-5 important clarifications on this board, pertaining yo how two separate rules (like 2 powers and/or a power and a card) interact with each other. Those required valid clarification. But most of the time you are reading it right and just do what it says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Yeoh
msg tools
Thanks for the explanation. After reading these forums I can see that taking things literally are important. Been trying to keep this thought during our games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Yeoh
msg tools
Faced another confusing part of this unit again yesterday.

Card says after the opponent chooses a unit to die, my opponent then choose 2 abilities and I pick 1 to move the cooldown to max. I only had 1 ability where the cooldown wasn't maxed, so to follow the card literally I had to move that one ability as I can't pick the other chosen one since it cannot "move". Did we did the right thing? Or I could have picked the one that's already at max cooldown?

To expand on this, do I also have to make sure I have at least 1 ability that is not at max cooldown to use the exhaust ability of this unit?

Card is not with me, but i can post the exact text tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without the exact text in front of me, yes you did that correct.

Opponent must choose 2 abilites. If all are at max cooldown, then they still choose two and nothing really happens. The power of that card is the death if the unit. However a tricksy player will use it when they can fulfill both parts of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Yeoh
msg tools
Added the unit text on the first post

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.