United States
Upstate
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
My 3yr old boy LOVES anything Star Wars related that's out on the table, but couldn't care less for Candyland. Although truth be told, if it was a Star Wars themed Candyland he would go nuts for it.

Can anyone think of a Star Wars board or dice game that's age appropriate for the little guy? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
15 Keys
United States
Living in the Delco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, for a 3 year old? Nope. Nothing.

The best thing to
get him is probably some Star Wars toys.

EDIT: See below about the game. Still get him some Star Wars Toys though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can find it...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3285/star-wars-jedi-...

This one has fun clunky dice and for a kid's game I found quite fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josef Estabrooks
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Loopin' Chewie!

Seriously, your local Toys R' Us or whatever will have star wars checkers and star wars trouble (you pop R2D2's head) and countless others. they are there for the taking! (but do try and pay for them!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
MacavityandMycroft wrote:
Loopin' Chewie!

Seriously, your local Toys R' Us or whatever will have star wars checkers and star wars trouble (you pop R2D2's head) and countless others. they are there for the taking! (but do try and pay for them!)

This was the only one I could think of. My 3 year old might find it funny, though she probably wouldn't be great at playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I saw this one at a Wal-mart last month: Star Wars Galactic Dice Game. The scoring would be too math-y for the average three year old, but he might still get a kick out of rolling the dice (which is how my three year old plays Zombie Dice).

There's also Star Wars: Face Off Dice Game – Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader, which seems like a similar thing in a more fun package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
15 Keys
United States
Living in the Delco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MacavityandMycroft wrote:
Loopin' Chewie!

Gah, totally forgot about that! And I've seen Loopin' Chewie it at Target and Toys R Us....

So forget the "nothing!" response I said earlier. Apparently obvious answers just leak out of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angry Birds made some dexterity games with the star wars license.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Star Wars: Galaxy Rebellion should work, you may forgo the tactics etc, just roll the dice and match the symbols up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Upstate
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
fifteenkeys wrote:
Honestly, for a 3 year old? Nope. Nothing.

The best thing to get him is probably some Star Wars toys.

He's already got a ton of star wars toys! I want to introduce structure into his play as found in a boardgame.

Freitag wrote:
Angry Birds made some dexterity games with the star wars license.

Brilliant. He loves both of these licenses! Definitely looking into Loopin Chewie. Thanks guys! You never let me down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dragon
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe find an old copy of Star Wars: Escape From Death Star Game. It is not a great game. It's a very clear cash in on the original film. ButI've played it with my best friend'said 3 year old son who loves it. It's bearable as an adult, but fun to see the kid get excited about Obi-Wan deactivating the tractor beam or Han being sent back to the detention block.

It's Spinner game, and you could probably fudge some of the rules to make it more bearable, but super easy for the kids. The highlight for me is that one of the Chance cards features Grand Moff Tarkin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Goddard
England
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were a few games released around the time of force awakens that may be available fairly cheaply now. I think Ravensburger did a 6 in 1 pack that had star wars themed dominoes and bingo along with a few other games. There are also numerous versions of Top Trumps with star wars themes. Admittedly non of these are great games but a 3yr old might get some enjoyment out of them.

If he is familiar with all the films then Timeline: Star Wars may be worth a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
I want to introduce structure into his play as found in a boardgame.
Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.