Popular Tags: [View All]
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always used a 8 card template. I am LAZY and want to gain insight on how to make my printer do the 9th.

What do you guys do?

Historically, my printer ether prints to edge like a photo. this results in out of control size and I can't sleeve it.

Or I don't do that and it CUTS off a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming 2.5" x 3.5" cards and no buffer on the interior, the printable area you want will end up being 7.5" wide and 10.5" tall. For 8.5x11 paper, your top/bottom borders will need to be .25" (or less).

If you want extra cuts in the interior, those numbers increase and some printers can't get ink on the last quarter inch or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John A. White
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Assuming 2.5" x 3.5" cards and no buffer on the interior, the printable area you want will end up being 7.5" wide and 10.5" tall. For 8.5x11 paper, your top/bottom borders will need to be .25" (or less).

If you want extra cuts in the interior, those numbers increase and some printers can't get ink on the last quarter inch or so.

Ok time to try again.

EDIT:

I got 3.5 + 3.5 + 2.5 = 10.5 but it's taking all 11 inches on the template... hmm
WRONG: I did 2.5 - 2.5 - 2.5 - 3.5 = 11

What am I doing wrong?

Ok, I'm not trolling I had a friend that did it weird. So, now I think I must also do a combo.
I'm starting to think my friend did 10 cards slightly smaller.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
msg tools
For a A4 page, 9 is a magic number. Unless you are making mini-cards.
In that case you can squeeze 18 of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sears
Wales
Hengoed
flag msg tools
mb
Im a little lazy with card templates. However I always find this way the quickest and gives me better results:

I purchase black playing cards from Amazon (they are cheap). Purchase print labels. Use a print label template, grab my graphics from google images and insert the text onto the label template. Then print and stick the labels on the cards.

It's not what you were asking but thought I'd share my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.