$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE 11/5/2016: 86% FULL! A very nice boost to the service in the library! There are still plenty of time slots available. No experience necessary, and a member of Team Geek will be there to help you.

And a bonus for all volunteering in the Library - Make sure you get your official Library Volunteer badge ribbon to commemorate your time helping others at BGG.CON

UPDATE 10/31/2016: So, I'm not sure what happened this week, but we only increased to 70% filled over the course of this week. And I'm finding something even stranger this year-the volunteer help is almost non-existent from Saturday 5 p.m. until the end of the convention including help packing up the library Sunday afternoon. I admit some serious concerns about the status of the library on Saturday and Sunday if we do not get the necessary help needed in the library. I need at least 2 volunteers for every shift in order to help the library function effectively. If you have not already scheduled some time to help, please consider offering an hour or two of your time to make this convention as awesome as it always is.

UPDATE 10/25/2016: Still filling up nicely! 66% FULL! Saturday beginning at 5 p.m. through Sunday, close of convention are where we need the most help at this time. If you haven't signed up yet, please join us. If you are on the fence about this - just try it, you are likely to like it 3 weeks+ and counting....

UPDATE 10/13/2016: Halfway there! WooHoo! Don't forget that there are plenty of available slots towards the end of the convention. Also please invite your friends who are coming to BGG.CON to offer an hour or two of time. Lots of fun!!! Also, just a reminder (since I have been asked) you must already have purchased a ticket to BGG.CON in order to help in the library. Volunteering in the library does not get you a ticket.

Time to sign up for volunteering in the BGG.CON Library. Just like last year, we are using the SignUpGenius system to manage our Volunteer sign-ups. Two very great things about this new system are that this system will e-mail you to remind you about your sign up and if swaps need to be made, you can do it through this system instead of using the BGG Forums. So,

Step 1: Check the BGG.CON wiki page for the most up to date information about scheduling and anything else related to BGG.CON. BGG.CON Wiki

Step 2:  See below for any notes regarding the library shifts and the available time slots and click the sign-up button.  Fill in any required information.

Step 3:  Share this sign-up with your friends that also have tickets to BGG.CON. (A reminder that volunteering in the library does not get you a ticket to BGG.CON - you MUST already have a ticket purchased)

Step 4: Look for an e-mail in early November to double check your sign up and answers to any other questions you might have.

Step 5: Show up and have fun!!

Library Hours:
Wednesday - 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. (yes, after midnight)
Thursday - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Saturday - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Sunday - 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Mid-day)

I am looking for a MINIMUM of 2 people per time slot, but ideally 3. Some helpers will run the 2 computers for checking-in and checking-out games. During any possible free time, you are charged with straightening games on the shelves, replacing missing parts, printing missing rule sheets, etc. A member of Team Geek will be on shift ON OCCASION to help with any questions.  If a Team Geek member is not present, you can call Kristine on the radio by the library desk.

Also, as with last year, I am looking for help on Tuesday afternoon to unpack the library and get it ready for use, and help Sunday early afternoon to pack the library for storage.

And again, same as last year, we will be closing the Library on Saturday from 6:30 - 8 to allow the opportunity to attend the Awards Ceremony/Prize Drawing that night.  The 5 p.m. slot on Saturday is an extended shift going until 6:30.

The BGG.CON Library is the pride and joy of BGG.CON and it's all made possible with your help.

Thank you,
Kristine
(kristine@boardgamegeek.com)
BGG Store/BGG.CON Library

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2016 Library Volunteers - Sign Up NOW
Come on ya slackers! Sign up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Hare
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Signed up for unpacking.. Hope my flight isn't late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Pike
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! meeple

Thank you to each and every person who volunteers to help in the library.

I grabbed one shift now, and I will look to volunteer for 2 or 3 more, to help fill in where needed closer to the con.

If being a library volunteer is new to you and you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
Come on ya slackers! Sign up.

All right, all right. I'm joining you on the opening shift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Rhodes
msg tools
Bigger on the Outside
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting my group to pony up. We'll be there Thursday 11pm for sure. See if we can't do more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rudolph
Canada
Langdon
Alberta
flag msg tools
GIR, quickly, ride the pig!
badge
Yaaaaaay! I don't know what you just said!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always been curious - what software do you use to manage the game library and the check ins/check outs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a totally custom, in-house system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't get any setup shifts for Team Geek so I signed up for both Tuesday setup shifts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snagged my Sunday morning! The tradition continues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
England
Cambridge
flag msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done and done.
Roll on November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Courtney Heyse
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be my first time volunteering in the library!! So excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE 10/13/2016: Halfway there! WooHoo! Don't forget that there are plenty of available slots towards the end of the convention. Also please invite your friends who are coming to BGG.CON to offer an hour or two of time. Lots of fun!!! Also, just a reminder (since I have been asked) you must already have purchased a ticket to BGG.CON in order to help in the library. Volunteering in the library does not get you a ticket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Demeanour
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Booked in for a few, will help fill in some gaps later if needed. Looking forward to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2016 Library Volunteers - 66% FULL - Sign Up NOW
UPDATE 10/25/2016: Still filling up nicely! 66% FULL! Saturday beginning at 5 p.m. through Sunday, close of convention are where we need the most help at this time. If you haven't signed up yet, please join us. If you are on the fence about this - just try it, you are likely to like it 3 weeks+ and counting....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG.CON 2016 Library Volunteers - 70% FULL - HELP!!!
UPDATE 10/31/2016: So, I'm not sure what happened this week, but we only increased to 70% filled over the course of this week. And I'm finding something even stranger this year-the volunteer help is almost non-existent from Saturday 5 p.m. until the end of the convention including help packing up the library Sunday afternoon. I admit some serious concerns about the status of the library on Saturday and Sunday if we do not get the necessary help needed in the library. I need at least 2 volunteers for every shift in order to help the library function effectively. If you have not already scheduled some time to help, please consider offering an hour or two of your time to make this convention as awesome as it always is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Pike
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love seeing people excited to volunteer in the library!

I have gotten some of the best recommendations for "hidden gem" games during library volunteer shifts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristine wrote:

Come on folks. It is fun, really. Only a hour or two will really help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE 11/5/2016: 86% FULL! A very nice boost to the service in the library! There are still plenty of time slots available. No experience necessary, and a member of Team Geek will be there to help you.

And a bonus for all volunteering in the Library - Make sure you get your official Library Volunteer badge ribbon to commemorate your time helping others at BGG.CON

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Pike
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my confirmation/instructions email as a library volunteer, and since Gmail filed it under Promotions, I almost missed it. So, I wanted to remind others to watch for it.

Subject is "BGG.CON 2016 Library Volunteer Schedule"

Thanks, Kristine!

See everyone next week!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maggie Crawford
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
new user
I am interested in volunteering, but I am not sure what time I would like to do. Is it possible to come by first thing Wednesday and see what times are still open, or are you trying to have all of the shifts filled before the con?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chopino9n2 wrote:
I am interested in volunteering, but I am not sure what time I would like to do. Is it possible to come by first thing Wednesday and see what times are still open, or are you trying to have all of the shifts filled before the con?

You are welcome to stop by during the con to see what shifts are still available. (And honestly, anyone is welcome to give a few minutes of time straightening the shelves whenever they return a game.)

Kristine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Ebright
United States
Centennial
Colorado (CO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What shifts are you still looking for most at this point? Where is the greatest need?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Baldwin
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amy1355 wrote:
I just received my confirmation/instructions email as a library volunteer, and since Gmail filed it under Promotions, I almost missed it. So, I wanted to remind others to watch for it.

Subject is "BGG.CON 2016 Library Volunteer Schedule"

Thanks, Kristine!

See everyone next week!

Wow, thanks, I'd missed it myself for the same reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.