Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Cooper
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:
"On your turn......you can do as many of the following actions as you want in any order:"
-Move
-Discover
-Use
-Attempt roll
-Attack

Does this mean you can take multiple "Move Actions"? Meaning, I could take the "move action" continuously until something stops me? Also, I can take as many attack actions as I want.

If this is not the case, meaning you can take any of the above actions only once during your turn, does that mean you can only "discover" one room during your move action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can take as many "move actions" as you want, limited by these:
1. Discovering one of the three symbols
2. Your speed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone remind me/clarify:
Does attacking stop movement?
What about attempting another sort of roll?

Also, for the "once per game, if you end your turn here" tiles, is it once per player per game? Or once per game, period?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:

Also, for the "once per game, if you end your turn here" tiles, is it once per player per game? Or once per game, period?

Attacking does not stop movement. However if you are in the same square as an enemy, you must pay X+1 movement to get out of the room, where X is the amount of enemies. You can always move at least one square a turn however. But if you move in to a room with an enemy and don't have enough movement to move out, you are stuck there.

Once per game is once per character per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rimewisp wrote:
OutOfHabit wrote:

Attacking does not stop movement. However if you are in the same square as an enemy, you must pay X+1 movement to get out of the room, where X is the amount of enemies. You can always move at least one square a turn however. But if you move in to a room with an enemy and don't have enough movement to move out, you are stuck there.

Once per game is once per character per game.

Cool. I've been playing right then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Cromwell
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Quick follow up. Does that mean if my speed is 3, I can move 3, if I don't discover a room with a symbol, I can move up to 3 again? In the haunt, does it work the same? It feels like you could just keep moving?!? Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, how movement works is:

During your turn you can move up to X spaces, where X is your movement. If you reach your max movement, you MUST stop moving unless another card says otherwise, whether you have have found a room with a symbol or not.

If you reach a new (undiscovered) room with a symbol, your movement immediately ends unless another card says so.

So you can never move more spaces than your speed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Cromwell
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thx!! So I can only take the move action (moving up to X unless moving into a new room which ends movement) once per my turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct only one move action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
crcpanzer wrote:
Thx!! So I can only take the move action (moving up to X unless moving into a new room which ends movement) once per my turn?

Just to clarify (even though it's already been said by others here), you may "interrupt" your move action to do other things.

For example, with a movement of 3, you may move one, then attack and kill an opponent, then move once again exploring a new room, then use something in the new room (e.g. attempt to cross a barrier or use an equipped card), and then move once more before finally reaching your max of 3.

Also, it's not exploring a new room which halts movement, it's drawing a card (event, item, or omen), for any reason which halts you. Although this often happens when exploring a new room, it doesn't always, and sometimes it happens even when you're not exploring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.