Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Braden Boe
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
mb
Love the game, but wish naval battles were included! The battle for the lakes was very important in this war.

Been thinking about some fun optional rules to add naval combat. Here's what I've come up with.

Each side starts with 3 fleets. 2 Red British fleets and 1 yellow Militia fleet.(Use whatever minis or tokens you want) The Americans start with 2 blue and 1 white.

You deploy these in the beginning of the game with your other discretionary forces. 1 fleet must be placed in a lake side victory city for Lake Champlain, Lake Erie and Lake Ontario.

While the fleet is in port in a city it can build up its strength. During the British, Canadain Militia, American Regular, and American Militia turns you may forfeit two armies of reinforcement to build 1 fleet in any lake. The Native Americans can not build fleets.

During the movement phase you may discard any movement card to move your fleets instead. The number on the card equals the number of fleets you may move.

Fleets can not move from lake to lake.

When you move from a port onto the lake if there are no opposing fleets you control the lake and gain one victory point.

If there is a defender the roll is simultaneous. A command decision is played to either stay in the battle or move back to a lake side city. A flee result and you must move back to a lake side city.

If you control a lake an opponent can not use a water movement card on that lake. If you control all the lakes and they have no fleets and they must play a lake movement card the card is played and their turn is forfeit without moving any units.

If a city your fleet is in is captured it must move onto the lake and fight a battle if possible. If there is no enemy fleet on the lake it must move to the nearest lake side city. If your opponent controls all the lake side cities your fleet is destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool idea. We will have to try this out at our next game night.
Gunter
Academy Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Braden Boe
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks! I appreciate that coming from someone at Acadamey games. I really like this game and 1775 and it's always been a dream of mine to make a war game so I like to tinker with house rules. After a few play tests I found that having to forfeit a whole card of movement was too high a price to move the fleet like I originally suggested. It worked better to treat the fleets just like any other army allowing you to just use one order on a card to move them and the other orders could be given to land armies. Example: You play a 3 armies move 1 card and move two armies 1 space on land and then you decide to use the third order to move a fleet onto the lake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.