Hide
8 Posts

Cry Havoc» Forums » Rules

Subject: Airfield- unoccupied region and trog nest/war tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daryl durston
msg tools
So I get I can use the airfield in an unoccupied region. Very simple. I even get that I can place it there when there is an opponents token there with no minis.

What I don't get: is a region considered "unoccupied" when there is a trog nest token or trog war token in that region? Because technically there are no minis in that spot.

Pleas help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dirty_d wrote:
So I get I can use the airfield in an unoccupied region. Very simple. I even get that I can place it there when there is an opponents token there with no minis.

What I don't get: is a region considered "unoccupied" when there is a trog nest token or trog war token in that region? Because technically there are no minis in that spot.

Pleas help

You are right. Unoccupied means 'no units in the region'. A Nest Token or Warband token aren't considered units. So, you can use the airfield there and take control of the region
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daryl durston
msg tools
Awesome!
Thanks for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Nelson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Page 12, "Key Terms", "Occupied" -

"Regions with only Trog Nest or Trog War Party tokens are not considered occupied."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart ballanger
England
flag msg tools
What happens to trog token

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kingshonky wrote:
What happens to trog token

You'll need to clarify.

If you mean: what happens to a Trog Token if someone uses Airfield (or Scouting) to take control of a Region?

Answer: Nothing. Per the rules, they resolve when a Unit enters the region. Not when control changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonathan lee
Singapore
flag msg tools
Cult of the New
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Answer: Nothing. Per the rules, they resolve when a Unit enters the region. Not when control changes.

So how does this work out? The units entering must defeat the Trogs before taking control of the region?

If the Marines go in to the region, they in turn need to fight the Trogs then? Though I don't see them doing it as they already control the area.

Then can the Marines use the Artillery to provide tokens to the region if another fraction enter the region?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brightbluesky wrote:
Quote:

So how does this work out? The units entering must defeat the Trogs before taking control of the region?

If the Marines go in to the region, they in turn need to fight the Trogs then? Though I don't see them doing it as they already control the area.

Then can the Marines use the Artillery to provide tokens to the region if another fraction enter the region?

Let'a try again.

You use airfield on unoccupied Region. You gain control. (Per Structure text).

If there are Trog tokens? They do not resolve. Why? They only resolve when a Unit enters (per the Rules).

If ANY Units enter the Region? You resolve the Token and must fight the Trogs. The person who moved in, designated Attacker.

You cannot use Artillery or Watchtower tokens on a Battle Region. Why? The structures do not explicitly state that is allowed.

Furthermore, Artillery and Watchtower tokens only Resolve in Battles involving humans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.